Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And the 6th highest rated guard in the league is... Amini Silatolu?

37 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Do I really have to be the one to say these metrics suck ass? People trying to Billy Beane football snaps without intimate knowledge of the goals of the play are really at a loss. So much subjectivity as to what constitutes a good play. Do they measure how many inches a player was pushed back on a block or something?

But seriously, the entire line has had it's ups and downs this year. Byron took a beating in likely every tangible category considering the small sample size and the number of sacks he gave up to Mario Williams. It happens. Bad games happen, especially against great ends.

How can one measure the success of a play in a vacuum like this and not realize how entirely futile it is? If you guys really think Rhodes was the 4th best safety in football last year and can't get a job anywhere you need your head examined.

For good and for bad alike, these stats are terrible.

One of the smartest football minds agrees with you...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/18/belichick-takes-a-shot-at-experts-who-have-it-all-figured-out/

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Chris Scott has been a good pickup for us, I noticed during the Giants game when Williams ran behind him I would see Scott always pushing the pile. William's  YPC where 2nd best when he ran behind the RG. Imagine when  Stewart comes back to run inside the tackle. I think as the season goes on the line is going to get better and the continuing success of the run game is going to boost their confidence. 

Posted · Report post

THAT'S MAH BOY!

Posted · Report post

Shows you what hard work and will to succeed can do.Hopefully they have fat ass Kug pumping iron and shaping up instead of sitting on the couch for the next year.

Posted · Report post

Silatolu is hitting his stride this year.  Practicing against Star all TC didn't hurt.   On Dwill's big run last week I saw Amini pull around the outside leading the way.  Let me tell you that is a fast powerful dude who blew up his man on that play and sprung DWill around the edge.   Quite frankly he could be the most athletic guard we've ever had.   Guy ran like a tight end.  Glad to see a developmental pick truly developing here for once.

Posted · Report post

I thought Byers fared pretty well in the Seattle game.

Posted · Report post

Watching Amini pull, when he doesn't actually miss the block, is a thing of beauty.

Posted · Report post

He was great against the giants, quite a few plays where I just focused on him because I was kinda worried about him.

Posted · Report post

I can't for the life of me figure out how Scott grades out so poorly on PFF.  We very rarely seem to get pressured from the interior this year and we seem to be consistently getting almost 5 ypc on runs up the gut.  I have NFL Rewind so I'm gonna re-watch the Giants game and see if I missed something...

Posted · Report post

Hurney's final final gift?

Nah that's Fua.

Posted · Report post

I've always said, when an O-line is doing its job, no one knows it did its job.  Right now, Amini is just doing his job and letting our playmakers do their business.  Its still a small sample size, and the Giants don't have the Dline they had a few years ago, but I remain cautiously optimistic about our O-line Sans Bell.  

Posted · Report post

PFF didn't fully dock the Panthers for most of the sacks this year. Cam has been holding the ball so long they feel like the oline did what they could.