Photo
- - - - -

And the 6th highest rated guard in the league is... Amini Silatolu?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,509 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

I expected our oline to do better than most expected since majority was dismissing the talent we have.

I still don't like bell.

I'd argue that inserting Wharton at RT would improve the entire right side including the guard position.

#17 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,568 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:00 AM

I say Seattle was good too, and quite honestly Byron bell brought down the whole oline in buffalo, he was a one man wrecking crew. Just for the wrong team

The entire OL struggled at Buffalo.

#18 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,138 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:17 AM

Amini has been straight up awesome so far. Great blocking, no penalties, no stupid mistakes.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#19 Blackmagic

Blackmagic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:21 AM

He was on a roll at the end of the season before he got injured. People need to understand that he had to change position and had to adjust to a much higher level. Division to the NFL is hard, but Division 2 to NFL is tough. He had to learn to use technique instead of overpowering people.

#20 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:27 AM

Do I really have to be the one to say these metrics suck ass? People trying to Billy Beane football snaps without intimate knowledge of the goals of the play are really at a loss. So much subjectivity as to what constitutes a good play. Do they measure how many inches a player was pushed back on a block or something?

But seriously, the entire line has had it's ups and downs this year. Byron took a beating in likely every tangible category considering the small sample size and the number of sacks he gave up to Mario Williams. It happens. Bad games happen, especially against great ends.

How can one measure the success of a play in a vacuum like this and not realize how entirely futile it is? If you guys really think Rhodes was the 4th best safety in football last year and can't get a job anywhere you need your head examined.

For good and for bad alike, these stats are terrible.

#21 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,520 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:00 AM

Do I really have to be the one to say these metrics suck ass? People trying to Billy Beane football snaps without intimate knowledge of the goals of the play are really at a loss. So much subjectivity as to what constitutes a good play. Do they measure how many inches a player was pushed back on a block or something?

But seriously, the entire line has had it's ups and downs this year. Byron took a beating in likely every tangible category considering the small sample size and the number of sacks he gave up to Mario Williams. It happens. Bad games happen, especially against great ends.

How can one measure the success of a play in a vacuum like this and not realize how entirely futile it is? If you guys really think Rhodes was the 4th best safety in football last year and can't get a job anywhere you need your head examined.

Lets not get into the whole Kerry Rhodes thing. But gross Kalil and amini have been great this year so it's believable they would have them rated high

#22 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,520 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:01 AM

Cam anybody with PFF subscription verify this? Screenshot?

#23 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,597 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:13 AM

there's no way these players can be developing and improving...............

because our coaches suck,  can't coach anybody up and they never start the right player.

#24 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,861 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:15 AM

Our OL has been a surprise as of late

Interesting comment on several levels.  Here are some general observations/opinions from what little I have seen--

Scott has been surprisingly adequate, and that is pretty much all we have ever had at RG. 

Gettlemen said the OL would come together.  Is that finally happening?

Silatolu is great pulling and blocking in open spaces.  last week, when Shula opened the playbook, he had more opportunities.

I still do not like Bell at RT.  He needs help a lot--however, he was taking a better angle in pass protection than during the buffalo game.  Maybe a light came on.

#25 skarbar001

skarbar001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

One of the smartest football minds agrees with you...

http://profootballta...ll-figured-out/

#26 sanjay_rajput

sanjay_rajput

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Locationstarkville, ms

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:24 AM

Chris Scott has been a good pickup for us, I noticed during the Giants game when Williams ran behind him I would see Scott always pushing the pile. William's  YPC where 2nd best when he ran behind the RG. Imagine when  Stewart comes back to run inside the tackle. I think as the season goes on the line is going to get better and the continuing success of the run game is going to boost their confidence. 

#27 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

THAT'S MAH BOY!

#28 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

Shows you what hard work and will to succeed can do.Hopefully they have fat ass Kug pumping iron and shaping up instead of sitting on the couch for the next year.

#29 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

Silatolu is hitting his stride this year.  Practicing against Star all TC didn't hurt.   On Dwill's big run last week I saw Amini pull around the outside leading the way.  Let me tell you that is a fast powerful dude who blew up his man on that play and sprung DWill around the edge.   Quite frankly he could be the most athletic guard we've ever had.   Guy ran like a tight end.  Glad to see a developmental pick truly developing here for once.

#30 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,121 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

I thought Byers fared pretty well in the Seattle game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.