Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Play GM: A 4th Round pick in Week 5 or 6 for Hakeem Nicks? Would you guys take it?

83 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

When is the last time this guy played a full season. Better yea when has he been healthy? No more than 5.

Quick look seems like he's played in 58 out of a possible 67 games.

Posted · Report post

Without hesitation

Posted · Report post

I don't think it would take more then a fourth, but id rather have. Gasp...... Flash Gordon

Me too

Posted · Report post

A 3rd or lower is a great deal. Still its not going to happen.

Posted · Report post

Why would the Giants trade him away? Only because he made one "political uncorrect" comment? I do not see this happen, but I would sure take him for a 3rd or 4th.

Because he is leaving them in the offseason. Might as well get something for him. 

If Nicks stays healthy the whole season and puts up good numbers he will be a Panther next season imo. 

Posted · Report post

I wish I could jump in a time machine and get that pair of third rounders wasted on Fua and McClain and offer them both for Nicks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

I don't think it would take more then a fourth, but id rather have. Gasp...... Flash Gordon

letting your UNC hate skew your view

Hicks would be an incredible player as long as he can stay healthy. he didn't catch a pass vs. the panthers and still injured his hand

Posted · Report post

Because he is leaving them in the offseason. Might as well get something for him. 

If Nicks stays healthy the whole season and puts up good numbers he will be a Panther next season imo. 

I did not follow his contract talks with the Giants, are they stalled? Does he want out? Then of course I see him in his hometown jersey, but not this year, next year as an FA and only if the price is right. I don´t think Gettle will overpay him.

Posted · Report post

Wouldn't the Giants most likely get a 3rd round compensation pick if they lose him?

Posted · Report post

4th would never work unless they were absolutely sure he won't be returning.  The whole Cruz fiasco was because the Giants had a higher priority to keep Nicks next year, so Cruz's contract was based on that.  I would easily give a 2nd if we are on a winning streak because he would put us over the hump this year and we could make a serious run.  And anyone who wouldnt at least give a 4th, whatare you fuggin nuts?

Posted · Report post

Wouldn't the Giants most likely get a 3rd round compensation pick if they lose him?

i think that's only for rfa's, not sure if he qualifies under that.  if so, might even be a 2nd.

Posted · Report post

Yes i would no doubt take it, as much as i like LaFell, Nicks is much better than him and with steve smith retiring soon, we need a new #1 wideout to replace him and Nicks could be just that. I like LaFell but i just dont think he is consistent enough to be a #1 receiver in the national football league.