Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thunderraiden

Play GM: A 4th Round pick in Week 5 or 6 for Hakeem Nicks? Would you guys take it?

83 posts in this topic

Not worth it.  Might be able to sign him as a FA, and he's injury prone.  One year contract, Gettleman style.

Mos def

Nothing to consider here. I can even go so far as a third before having to look at it closer.

Not worth it.  Might be able to sign him as a FA, and he's injury prone.  One year contract, Gettleman style.

how could he possibly not be worth a 4th, especially if it were this season and he could give us a boost to make a run this year?  the chances of them even entertaining Nicks for a 4th is dellusional at best, but for conversation sake, it is a no-brainer.

No big FA WR's please. Look at how the ones that got fat contracts last year are doing. Bowe got $56 million, he hasn't done jack poo. Wallace got $60 million, and he hasn't done anything, along with being a diva as well.

Oh and how could I forget Percy Harvin, he got $67 million. We all know that story.

Factor in Nicks latest comments, and injury history, looks like another Mike Wallace waiting to happen. No thanks. We just need to draft one of the top WR's next year. Or maybe even two depending on what happens with Lafell.

1 person likes this

No big FA WR's please. Look at how the ones that got fat contracts last year are doing. Bowe got $56 million, he hasn't done jack poo. Wallace got $60 million, and he hasn't done anything, along with being a diva as well.

Oh and how could I forget Percy Harvin, he got $67 million. We all know that story.

Factor in Nicks latest comments, and injury history, looks like another Mike Wallace waiting to happen. No thanks. We just need to draft one of the top WR's next year. Or maybe even two depending on what happens with Lafell.

and a T, and a G, and a CB, and a TE and possibly even a S.  Not sure how many top WR's there are, but they usually go pretty quick.

it'd be worth losing a pick (rather than just grabbing him in free agency) to have his talent on the field for the rest of the season. i'd wager smitty/nicks/ginn/lafell would be among the league's most dangerous receiving corps.

1 person likes this

4th rounder for Nicks is almost as much of a steal as a 7th for Boldin

1 person likes this

Couldn't care less he went to unc. He's always hurt. Gordon is younger and has more potential and would be cheaper.

hard to argue about the injuries and Nicks. However, with Gordon he is a failed drug test away from being suspended indef