Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Play GM: A 4th Round pick in Week 5 or 6 for Hakeem Nicks? Would you guys take it?

83 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

and a T, and a G, and a CB, and a TE and possibly even a S. Not sure how many top WR's there are, but they usually go pretty quick.

Can't fix everything through one draft.

We could address several key positions in FA for half of what we would have to pay Nicks. It's not like we have the money and cap space to spend anyway with Hardy a soon to be FA, and Cam's contract coming up soon.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

You offer a 5th...and negotiate to a 4th.

Posted · Report post

I'll be the first to say, I wouldn't do it. I really haven't been impressed with him. He had a few good games but the guy has some health issues. Also, I wouldn't trade for a guy who becomes a free agent at the end of the season. I would stay away from it.

Exactly. If he didn't get nipped by the injury bug so often, I'd lean more towards it.

Posted · Report post

Can't fix everything through one draft.

We could address several key positions in FA for half of what we would have to pay Nicks. It's not like we have the money and cap space to spend anyway with Hardy a soon to be FA, and Cam' contract coming up soon.

that's my point, i doubt we'd get one of the top 2 or 3 wr's unless we fail miserably this season.  for conversation sake, you take a proven super star for a 4th rounder.  the salary cap would be up for the GM to decide, which we wouldnt entertain the trade if we cant afford him anyway.

Posted · Report post

hard to argue about the injuries and Nicks. However, with Gordon he is a failed drug test away from being suspended indef

Absolutely, but of we are giving up picks id rather get someone who has off field issues instead of issues staying on the field. What good has an injury prone hixon done us, what good did an injury prone gettis do us. Gordon is a special talent, id like to think guys on this team could keep him straight.

Posted · Report post

Yup .

Id see what chic wants for Gordon.

Posted · Report post

Bring him home

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

that's my point, i doubt we'd get one of the top 2 or 3 wr's unless we fail miserably this season.  for conversation sake, you take a proven super star for a 4th rounder.  the salary cap would be up for the GM to decide, which we wouldnt entertain the trade if we cant afford him anyway.

I just don't think he is worth a big contract and a draft pick. I think that decision would have a very high probability of backfiring on us. Not to mention hampering our ability to sign adequate players in other areas of need too.

Posted · Report post

Well Chud apparently told Gordon, they have no intentions of trading him. It's not totally Chud's decision, but there that is. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000250555/article/josh-gordon-rob-chudzinski-told-me-i-wont-be-traded

I don't really care for Nicks, since all the injuries. But, if he's at a good price then sure bring him over. I'm sure being a Giant, Gettleman has contemplated it given his affiliation with the franchise. I still want at least one WR out of the draft though. 

Posted · Report post

too bad we couldnt do Beason straight up for Nicksy

Or could we...

Posted · Report post

send em lafell and armani.

Posted · Report post

I just don't think he is worth a big contract and a draft pick. I think that decision would have a very high probability of backfiring on us. Not to mention hampering our ability to sign adequate players in other areas of need too.

But this is how we keep pounding