Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rookie Review: Star Lotulelei - ESPN

48 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I still can't believe people here wanted Austin or Patterson with the 14th pick. 

People just desperate for WR help is all, but I agree with you, Star was a no brainer for us

Posted · Report post

No, some people wanted them over Star. Even if he didn't drop neither of them were worth picking that early because they were not even the best WR in the draft. 

wow i never once read that. I remember everybody being elated when Starlite fell.

Posted · Report post

That's the kind of writing you get from insider? Journalism really is dead, that article has so many grammatical errors it's ridiculous...and that is supposedly a professional writing it.

Posted · Report post

wow i never once read that. I remember everybody being elated when Starlite fell.

I remember plenty of arguments for taking a wide out over a DT. People always crave home run hitters come draft day. Once the pick was in, all that talk ended.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the read!

Posted · Report post

I remember plenty of arguments for taking a wide out over a DT. People always crave home run hitters come draft day. Once the pick was in, all that talk ended.

Vouched, and looking back on it now that we have Ginn as our #3. . . its still laughable. That could easily be one of 4 different guys and people were calling to add a 5th. . . in the first round no less. There was one thread that said we should consider drafting one in the first AND second.

Posted · Report post

If I'm not mistaken, he's PFF's highest ranked rookie:

14. Star Lotulelei, DT, Carolina Panthers
Grade: +7.8
Snaps: 108
Analysis: At the moment our sixth ranked defensive tackle on the year with nearly his entire grade coming against the run. In that regard only Damon Harrison has graded better as Lotulelei already makes a name for himself.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/09/25/first-rounders-in-focus-week-3/

Posted · Report post

Good post....we all know where it came from so it's all good. DG had a plan and this part is starting to produce.

Posted · Report post

Watching Star drag down Eli with one arm while being engaged with a lineman with the other, was, for lack of a better term, art
5 people like this

Posted · Report post

Watching Star drag down Eli with one arm while being engaged with a lineman with the other, was, for lack of a better term, art

or raw mutant strength....either way...

impressive..most impressive

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Sexiest unsexy pick ever.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

No, some people wanted them over Star. Even if he didn't drop neither of them were worth picking that early because they were not even the best WR in the draft. 

there were only a couple upset by the pick.