Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurt Cobain's Cildhood Home For Sale

39 posts in this topic

Posted

If Black Francis didn't look like Chubbs from Teenwolf the Pixies would have been Nirvana.

"I was just trying to rip off the pixies." --kurt cobain

Posted

three years of mainstream presence and they're still considered one of the greatest bands of all time. i wonder how they'd stack up now almost 20 years after cobain's death if he'd never killed himself?

Posted

saw earlier that the house comes with his original mattress...you know...that has to be worth something!

Posted

I'd say that Dale Crover was the most talented musician in Nirvana, and he wasn't even in Nirvana.   Just played drums on several tracks between Bleach and Incesticide.

I remember when hair metal couldn't sell out a free show.  A bunch of old, fat women with too much hairspray and makeup are gobbling up tickets doesn't make them relevant.

I'd say that Tool and Aerosmith have had the kind of longetivity most of these bands can only dream of.

Posted

Aerosmith lasted because they went with the changes to music, which was genius.  Rush is still putting out quality music way longer than most bands, yet gets less attention than Nirvana.

Posted

tool's success is mainly due to them not pumping out a subpar album every other year

1 person likes this

Posted

I remember when hair metal couldn't sell out a free show.  A bunch of old, fat women with too much hairspray and makeup are gobbling up tickets doesn't make them relevant.

yeah right.  you can't walk 15 feet without seeing a teenager in a ratt or winger t-shirt

Posted

maybe in arkansas

Posted

I'm just curious if Kurt Cobain is still the greatest guitar player ever to live....

Posted

maybe in arkansas

1 person likes this

Posted

love the few who pretend rock still exists...

Posted

jazz still exists.  i don't see why rock wouldn't.