#1 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:38 AM

Pirates travel to Chapel Hill Saturday for a 12:30 kickoff.

Also known as the "Mr Touchdown Bowl."

UNC 11.5 favorites

This is ECU's best team since Skip left and UNC is struggling right now to find an identity. Renner has underperformed, and Shane Carden is the best QB in the country you've never heard of. 

Off the top of my head, I want to say Fedora is 3-2 all time vs ECU (includes HC at S. Miss). I would still give a slight edge to Ruffin McNeil in the coaching category. 

Pirates starting NT Terry Williams has been suspended for this game. 

http://www.ecupirate.../071912aab.html

As someone who spent a lot of time in the arm Pitt of NC, I'm surprised ECU doesn't have to suspend players daily. 

UNC 38

ECU 21

#2 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

Hopefully TJ Logan is healthy and gets some reps, the running game has been pitiful. UNC has scored 20 points in the second half, 17 were against MTSU another cause for concern.

#3 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

Would like to see ECU win, but their defense is so bad I don't have any confidence in them to beat decent opponents.

Carolina is definitely beatable, but I wouldn't put money on ECU.

#4 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

ECU has the 43rd ranked defense, 10th ranked against the run.

#5 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

ECU has the 43rd ranked defense, 10th ranked against the run.

"

Yeah ECU's defense is better than advertised. Lot's of seniors and juniors starting. People who don't watch college FB see "ECU" and just assume they can't play any defense. It should also be noted that ECU has had 2 weeks to prepare for this game after almost beating a bad VT team. I know VT is 3-1, but their offense is maybe the worst Tech offense I have can ever remember seeing and I'm in my mid-late twenties. Logan Thomas is not a quarterback. 

UNC's defense hasn't been very good so far, but certainly played much better against GT than I thought they would have. I still say UNC wins if that Switzer TD isn't called back. That changed the momentum of the game. 

My gut says UNC wins, but make no mistake about it, ECU can score points. Carden is one of the best QBS you've never heard of and the air raid offense could potentially give the weak UNC secondary trouble. I could see the game turning into a shoot out but I could also see it being a repeat of last year's game. ECU keeps it close but the superior athletic talent of UNC prevails. Ebron looks like he is heating up and he could have another potential big game. Hurst and Ebron are 1st round draft picks and there's certainly a lot more NFL caliber players on UNC's roster than that of ECU. 

IF this game were at the Rowdy Dowdy, I may be more inclined to see more of a chance of an upset, but being in CH and coming off a loss, I think there is around a 25% chance ECU wins. Purple Haze defense is going to have to pull a Panthers and just be in the Tar Heel backfield all day. 

Still - this game has potential to be a good one but my gut says UNC will win and CTS. 

#6 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

I'm thinking 45-17 Heels... The GT loss will inspire. I'll be there, anyone else going?

#7 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:07 PM

I'm thinking 45-17 Heels... The GT loss will inspire. I'll be there, anyone else going?

I'd be surprised if it were that big of a blow out.

TBQH - this is one of the few times the past 5-6 years where I think ECU has a legit chance of winning. If the Pirates come to play, and UNC can't get into rhythm, then be prepared for a lot closer game than you may think. I follow both of these teams religiously, and I can assure you ECU has the potential to score some points on the Heels. But like I said, UNC certainly has the superior athletic talent and UNC are playing at home and I think that will ultimately be the deciding factor.

This is a big game for Purple Haze Nation. UNC/State are always big games for the fans and program because a lot of the ECU fans I associate with are 1. Duke basketball fans 2. feel like they don't get any respect from people in state (i.e. media). 3. ECU doesn't have a TRUE rival and UNC/NCSU are the closest thing to it. 

Look at the ECU/UNC basketball game last year. ECU's basketball program is irrelevant (and a joke) yet they played one of their best games of the season last year in a 6 point  loss to the Heels. You'd have thunk that ECU won the game by the way the fans were running their mouths. I can assure you the players feel the same way as the fans. That "no respect" card goes a pretty long way. 

I'm not going to the game because this is one of the games where it's hard for me to pull for one team. UNC #1 ECU #1A

#8 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

This will be a beat down...

#9 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

This will be a beat down...

Again, I would be surprised. What do you have to base this assumption on aside from the fact that you are obviously a UNC fan (I am too but I went to ECU)? 

the spread has gone up a full point in the past 36 hours. 

FTR - I am not a Fedora fan. I've stated that numerous times. He's an awesome recruiter, but when is UNC going to get a coach in there that can win games against SEC teams and start truly competing with Mia, Clemson, FSU? 

This is a game that UNC SHOULD win. They are SUPPOSED to win this game. Just like the Wake Forrest and Duke games last year. 

Like I said, this is certainly the best ECU team Ruffin has had in the 4 years in Greenville and I think you're going to be in for a surprise on Sat. I still think UNC wins but it's going to be closer than you expect. 

#10 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

This is a statement game for Carolina. I think we see more of Fedora's recruits on offense this week, especially at the WR and RB position. As far as Fedora is concerned... Thought he was out-coached last week by PJ.

#11 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,822 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:47 AM

Well, we have never lost a home game that I attended while wearing my lucky suspenders, so honestly ECU has zero chance at winning.

The GT game last year is the only UNC game I've ever attended that I didn't wear my lucky suspenders to, and that served as our only home loss last year.

So yeah, it's a thing. We wont lose a home game for the next couple of years as long as I'm always wearing my suspenders.

#12 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

https://twitter.com/...221104120057856

All white uniforms for Saturday.

#13 Kitten Diver

Kitten Diver

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

ECU 31-28. Mostly purple in the stands watching the victory for the folks from down east.

#14 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

ECU 31-28. Mostly purple in the stands watching the victory for the folks from down east.

this is a good score guess and it wouldn't surprise me to see UNC 31 ECU 28

#15 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:03 AM

Hope those folks know standing while cheering is frowned upon at Kenan... Lol!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com