Photo
- - - - -

Bucs Freeman benched for rookie Glennon

Best Answer jtnc, 25 September 2013 - 09:54 AM

The question is, will any team be looking for him to be their starter.

Jags. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#46 MtnJax

MtnJax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

That sound I just heard resonating from BoA was da Kraken laughing his ass off

#47 Chief Keek

Chief Keek

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

I still can't get over the fact they got a sweep on us last year, blehhh!

#48 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

and uh... his 40 time is a 4.94.

There are literally lineman who run faster.

Faster than Brady's

#49 Mike

Mike

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

I'm not surprised that Schiano has decided to bench Freeman because he has been reluctant for most of his time in charge to endorse Freeman as his quarterback. Sure he has said that Freeman is the starter, but he has also said that he believes in competition at the quarterback position; and when you consider how frustratingly inconsistent Freeman has been throughout his career to date, it is by no means surprising that he has been shown the bench after a poor start to the season. But as a Panthers fan I am rubbing my hands at the prospect of the Buccaneers switching to Glennon.

Why?

Because while Freeman is inconsistent, the thing with Freeman is he is quite capable of putting together a string of big games. Take last season for example, Freeman posted a QB passer rating above a hundred in five consecutive games between week six and week ten. During that time he threw 13 TDs to 1 INT, for a total of 1,467 yards. Now that is very respectable and his statistics during those five weeks were up there with the best QBs in the league. Now granted that season he had a few bad games (W3 @ Dallas, W15 @ New Orleans, W16 St Louis), but outside of those three games, Freeman had generally been above average to good most weeks. And in fact that season he had broken franchise records for the most passing yards and TDs in a single season.  

My point?

For me, Josh Freeman is a talented QB. He has a big arm and is relatively athletic. He isn't elite, and he probably never will be, but he is a good starting QB in the right system. In his second and fourth season with the Buccaneers his passer ratings were 95.9 and 81.6, both of which are quite respectable considering he has never been on an elite team. Now sure last season he did get more support with the additions of Vincent Jackson and Doug Martin, and while he broke franchise records for passing yards and TDs, it did not result in a winning season and a play off football. So I guess I can understand why Schiano has been reluctant to put his weight behind Freeman because last season he still did not take a big enough step forwards. Personally I just don't see the shift from Freeman to Glennon at this point in the season resulting in the Buccaneers becoming a play off team. If anything I see the shift only hindering them in their ability to win games, because despite having talent, Glennon is still a raw prospect that needs a lot of work if he is going to have the touch and mentality to succeed in the NFL. Now I might be wrong about Glennon, and he might step in and do a better job and turn around the Buccaneers season, but personally I think the Buccaneers have a better chance to win with Freeman than Glennon. I guess credit to Schiano for taking a risk on him, but I think this one will back fire. 

#50 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

SWEEP

#51 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

“We’re moving forward with Mike as our quarterback,” Schiano said. “That’s our plan.”

#52 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,994 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

Welcome to 8 hours ago

#53 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,621 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

SWEEP

That would be sweet

#54 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,170 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

How long before his spleen is ruptured? 

#55 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

I'm convinced schiano is a retard. He has no clue how to handle a football team in the nfl. Tampa is a circus thanks to him

#56 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

I'm not a nc state fan or anything and I'm not trying to make a case for him. But it's time they moved on. Freeman has had plenty of time and not really developed like they wanted

His 40 time isn't that bad. I can't imagine that Brady or manning run faster than that now. As long as he has a quick release and reads the defense quick he should be ok. Idk anything about him though. I don't really follow college.

I just hope we don't make him look like a hall if famer like most rookie qbs

#57 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,505 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

I just hope we don't make him look like a hall if famer like most rookie qbs

i'm hoping we'll be hot enough going into that game that we'll wipe the floor with them, but it would be just like the panthers to turn him into joe fuging montana and give him his first career everything in the process

#58 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

i'm hoping we'll be hot enough going into that game that we'll wipe the floor with them, but it would be just like the panthers to turn him into joe fuging montana and give him his first career everything in the process

Yeah. Usually most teams and fans go into it thinking " we'll he's a rookie, so we will destroy him".

But honestly It's kinda the opposite with us. Like u said though, I think we will be on a hot streak and they will be declining rapidly. So hopefully we show him monsterz inc

#59 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

This was the previous Vagas betting line for Sundays game, i wonder how much this QB  will effect it ?  ( Home team Tampa Bay minus 2.5  vs Arizona Total points 40.5 )

#60 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,735 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

“We’re moving forward with Mike as our quarterback,” Schiano said. “That’s our plan.”

and he thought he had problems with Josh @ QB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com