Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fieryprophet

Rivera's Presser Today is a Great Watch

46 posts in this topic

Get three wins above .500 and I will sing his praises, until then ehhh..

1 person likes this

Nothing better for the team than a coach who the players like actually succeeding. I like Ron's person and hope he succeeds. He also needed this after all he's been through. You think you feel let down after a loss, how do you think he feels? Lol

3 people like this

Nothing better for the team than a coach who the players like actually succeeding. I like Ron's person and hope he succeeds. He also needed this after all he's been through. You think you feel let down after a loss, how do you think he feels? Lol

I would personally feel a little better if I knew I was pocketing 11.2 million dollars win or lose.

1 person likes this

Rivera is a lousy game manager and fails to make in-game adjustments, but Carroll has those similar intangibles. The difference between the two, however, is that Pete is a risk taker (all or nothing) when the game is on the line.

I would personally feel a little better if I knew I was pocketing 11.2 million dollars win or lose.

There comes a point in your life when money does not mean as much. Some would rather be known as the $11.2 million winners than $11.2 million failures.

Feel good presser on a feel good week.  Can't fault anything in the interview.  Kick ARZ's ass next game and I won't watch with half as much hesitation.

fox.jpg

I like Rivera and have always thought he will make a hell of a good coach - if he can just learn to manage the game a little better. He's close - very close. There's no guarantees but I'd bet on his success.

1 person likes this

I hope Rivera can keep this ship going in the right direction.  

As for Ginn, I think he's right.  Ginn was a reach by the Dolphins(he was a projected late 1st rounder at best), and was expected to be an immediate #1 WR for a team that had major issues at QB(and everywhere else).  Some people can respond to that pressure, and are ready to respond to that pressure, and some people aren't.  I think being here with Proehl and Smith, who was labeled a similar way and is a similar player, has really helped him.  It's a shame that we're getting him at 28, because I want someone like that to build a career with Cam. But if he could somehow keep going for 3-4 more years that'd be great.

2 people like this

Hopefully Ron grows some balls. 

I cant stand to see coaches playing scared and not to lose. 

I would feel much better about a loss knowing we went for it and left it all on the field than losing playing like some scared girl. 

1 person likes this

I love what he said about Ginn coming to him and saying nobody's given him a chance like this before. I hope he wants to stick around here for a long, long time.