Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rivera's Presser Today is a Great Watch

46 posts in this topic

Posted

Like Ron also....want to see him succeed here.Very honest guy and actually answers questions. Hope this whole thing turns around for his sake,the Panthers,and ours.

Posted

Its a great win and im optimostic about this team this season, but those who claim ron has turned the corner may be jumpimg the gun.

Dont get me wrong he did a great job last sunday, but im not convinced ron has turned that corner until we start winning close games and managing those close games well on a consistant basis.

1 person likes this

Posted

He wins against Arizona ill start believing. I think he's got some big decisions coming up in the secondary when guys get healthy

Posted

The fact that Fua is back on the roster and actually playing is keeping me from liking Rivera.

Re-watch the NY game, the few good runs up the middle...guess who's in.

Posted

I would personally feel a little better if I knew I was pocketing 11.2 million dollars win or lose.

he doesn't do it for the money.

His financial situation has nothing to do with hiw he coaches/does his job.

I know that's probably alien to you.

1 person likes this

Posted

Those wins we got at the end of last year had people saying Rivera finally figured it out and turned the corner. Then we started 2013 off going 0-2, with one being a signature "play not to lose" Ron Rivera loss to the fuging Bills.

He needs to consistently (key damn word here) play to win games like a man that has a pair of giant balls.

I want him to succeed here. He's a likable guy and all, and I don't want to have to start all over again. But if we have another devastating close loss because he went conservative, then he needs to go. There's no more excuses.

Again, I truly hope that he is finally getting it and changing his ways. We will certainly find out.

2 people like this

Posted

One win does not erase all the frustration he's caused me on Sundays.

Jesus don't tell the huddle that.

Posted

he doesn't do it for the money.

His financial situation has nothing to do with hiw he coaches/does his job.

I know that's probably alien to you.

I hope that's sarcasm, but I'm not sure. Unless you are financially independent, then you're like every other swinging dick on this forum, and are in fact highly motivated by money. I bet if JR had offered him lifetime chicken, biscuits, and sweet tea, he'd have told him to go fug himself.

Posted

If we end up firing this guy. Someone is going to get one hell of a DC

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

Rivera is a lousy game manager and fails to make in-game adjustments, but Carroll has those similar intangibles. The difference between the two, however, is that Pete is a risk taker (all or nothing) when the game is on the line.

Carroll, has no problem piling on the score as well. 

Rivera on the contrary, feels any 3-13 pt lead (no matter how early in the game) is worth sitting on, and running the clock out.  This is despite the fact, he's an awful game manager. 

It's not just Rivera's lack of 4th & 1 calls that's frustrating either. It's his offensive play calling and settling for small leads, which bring on too many 4th and 1 situations (and anemic offense), in the first place. 

2 people like this

Posted

If we end up firing this guy. Someone is going to get one hell of a DC

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Kind of like every time a HC is fired.

1 person likes this

Posted

Its a great win and im optimostic about this team this season, but those who claim ron has turned the corner may be jumpimg the gun.

Dont get me wrong he did a great job last sunday, but im not convinced ron has turned that corner until we start winning close games and managing those close games well on a consistant basis.

Bingo!!

How many times, Panthers fans (though not me), thought Ronnie "turned the corner" the past several seasons??   :phew:

Me personally; I would not invite him back under any circumstances, barring a  Super Bowl appearance. I just don't feel he's an NFL level HC. And even if the team made the playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't make it again the next year, or several years in a row after/again. He's just not the answer.

Sorry.  

1 person likes this