Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guess who's in Kiper's top 5 rookies..

42 posts in this topic

Posted

That would be our stud defensive tackle Star(can't spell last name). Would be awesome if we could get two DROY in a row. Any thoughts on his chances?

Posted

If he continues to play at this level all season I think he'd be in the top 3 of potential DROY candidates.

Posted

I think he'll end up deserving it. He's made an immediate and obvious impact if you follow the Panthers. Someone more flashy may end up winning it though.

Posted

It's tough for DL to win because of the lack of stats, even more so for a 0. A 3 would have a better shot IMO, though I certainly think he's deserving.

Posted

With the exception of Floyd who has done nothing, this has got to be the strongest DT class in quite some time. A lot of rookies performing well.

Posted

who ?

1 person likes this

Posted

every time i listen to "come on eileen" i sing it "lah-too-la-looo-lah-looo-lah-looo-lah-layyyy" and think about star

3 people like this

Posted

So thus far would you rank ahead of Star as DROY?

Posted

Chances are pretty high if he continues & brings up his level of play. Like I said before, our schedule favors him, playing against backs like:

AP

Doug Martin

Stephen Jackson

Pierre Thomas

Frank Gore/Kendall Hunter

Marshawn Lynch (played and shutdown)

CJ Spiller (played and contained til the end)

Being a big part of shutting these guys down could get him the credit he deserves. He will need to show out against AP/Jackson/Gore

1 person likes this

Posted

It's tough for DL to win because of the lack of stats, even more so for a 0. A 3 would have a better shot IMO, though I certainly think he's deserving.

While this has been true in the past, I believe it will change due to the fact that places like PFF and football outsiders are getting more recognition by gigantic sports media entities

1 person likes this

Posted

When did we dump Tony Softli as head of scouting?

Posted

When did we dump Tony Softli as head of scouting?

He was hired away by the Rams in 2006.