Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

White getting some pff love

54 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Larry has been a below average player for several years now.

Larry has been hampered by horrific QB play for several years now.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Larry has been hampered by horrific QB play for several years now.

Any excuse will do.

Posted · Report post

Are some of us really writing off Larry Fitzgerald?  Below average for several years?

Let's take a look at the easy stuff:

http://www.nfl.com/player/larryfitzgerald/2506106/profile

Show me a severe drop off in career production?  Let's also ask ourselves, when was the last time a good QB played in Arizona?  Let's be frank, Larry Fitzgerald is still an incredibly dangerous WR.  He's still very productive.  But you will point to 2012, where he has a very subpar year.  What about our beloved, nearly sainted Smitty?  In 2009-2010 was he washed up?  Done?  Could you say he wasn't very good for several years?  Then he blew it up with Cam and has been very productive in a later career renaissance thanks to Cam (and Chud...).

So lets get this straight, I fully heartedly disagree with anyone's assessment that Larry Fitzgerald is a subpar NFL player.  It takes more than a couple of bum games to start a season.  It takes more than a bad couple of season to say you're done.  His game was never based on speed and quickness like Smith's.  Its based on things that really don't diminish with with age (injuries on the other hand will do that):  Length, hands, intelligence.  I will take Fitzgerald's career work as a sign he's in a slump with spotty QB play and coaching.  Like Smith in 2009-2010.

NOW (some might say talking out of both sides of my mouth), I will gladly concede that he could be washed up IF we not only shut him down, he has a high frequency of drops, shows little effort, and basically folds.  I've always enjoyed watching him play (when not against us) because he's been a classy, effective player.  But like pre-Cam Smith, he needs a system that takes advantage of his skills and a QB who can give him the ball.  He may not have that, but he's only 30, still big, tall, strong and smart.  

Don't paint over him because White and Lester had a good game.  They were successful because of good communication  execution, and our pass rush had its way with the Giants.  I hope both of those young players continue to get playing time.  I hope they excel, and I hope they help to completely stop any air attack in Arizona.  But let's not forget that the other team is playing, they get paid, and they want to keep their jobs.

Posted · Report post

Any excuse will do.

It fans like you that jinx us. Take it back idiot. Fitzgerald is anything but below average. The guy possesses a very high football IQ, acrobatic ability to make impossible appear catchable, best route running in all of football, and his hands are second to none (no one has a better catching percentage and catch-drop ratio out there).

Posted · Report post

Look at Steve Smith with Jimmy Clausen.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Easy, Mr. lets be a snitch about other people's excitement. Sherrod Martin was a player being switched back and forth between positions. They moved him to safety because he was struggling at cornerback. He never got it. I have seen Lester and White make plays in college and they have made the most out of their first opportunity. So, I don't need to temper my enthusiasm. I am tired of Godfrey's 30mil and him getting repeatedly beat over the top while looking in the backfield. He is another safety who played corner and is still lost after years in the league. Find someone else to try and get your post count up on genius.

You mad bro? I mean, I've heard the truth hurts and all but coming back and attacking my post count, that's really painful.

There's no doubt they played well but with the exceptional play of the D line in the last game waiting for a large sample size is extremely reasonable.

Posted · Report post

You mad bro? I mean, I've heard the truth hurts and all but coming back and attacking my post count, that's really painful.

There's no doubt they played well but with the exceptional play of the D line in the last game waiting for a large sample size is extremely reasonable.

I was simply stating that there were many posts that talked excitement about the play of these two youngsters and you decided to single out mine.  I can see you are a simpleton by the "you mad bro" and the complete misuse of the "truth hurts" phrase.  So, I am still hype about our two young rookies and you can temper all excitement until they play three seasons.  I understand kid..  

Posted · Report post

I'm very happy for the kid.....just shows that all the experts can miss a talented player during the draft.Hope he keeps progressing and makes the starting lineup.

Posted · Report post

His play will depend on pressure from our front four...if they can replicate the giants game, he will do well as will Lester.More guys we can have roaming the secondary and saturate the passing lanes will help then all.

Posted · Report post

I was simply stating that there were many posts that talked excitement about the play of these two youngsters and you decided to single out mine. I can see you are a simpleton by the "you mad bro" and the complete misuse of the "truth hurts" phrase. So, I am still hype about our two young rookies and you can temper all excitement until they play three seasons. I understand kid..

You're slightly more reasonable then your last response. It wasn't personal to quote yours, you just had the most pertinent information to my response.

Hype is good and they earned it. Unfortunately I'm afraid these two might be heading back to the bench before we can completely see what they are made of.

Posted · Report post

You're slightly more reasonable then your last response. It wasn't personal to quote yours, you just had the most pertinent information to my response.

Hype is good and they earned it. Unfortunately I'm afraid these two might be heading back to the bench before we can completely see what they are made of.

Mikell deserves to be back in the line-up, but Josh Thomas has not earned a permanent spot.  

Posted · Report post

Fitz statline in 2011: 80 receptions, 1411 yards, 8 TDs.  

Yeah... totally below average.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments