53 replies to this topic

#31 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,177 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:39 PM

I hope he can keep it up. We need some surprise good players.

#32 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,774 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

Melvin White, how I love thee

#33 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

so glad to see White on our team and making plays. 

was one of the first to label him as a late round sleeper / diamond in the rough. 

even mocked him to us. 

keep it up White! 

#34 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,884 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

Cant worry about a receiver if the ball never makes it out of the QBs hands.

Rivera 101.

Not that it means much overall, but that highlight reel pick of his was a visual spectacle.  Surprised nobody has gif wrapped it yet.

#35 Blackmagic

Blackmagic

• ALL-PRO
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:16 AM

That pick by white was such an instinctive play

It wasn't an instinctive play. In the interviews after the game, White admitted that Captain and Mitchell called a trap when they saw the formation. Mitchell took over White's man, and Eli had to get the ball out quick and Captain and White doubled the receiver hence the pick. The positive about that is that White listens and understands what he has to do, contrary to Norman.

#36 Guest_Spider Monkey_*

Guest_Spider Monkey_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:07 AM

Ask me again after we face Larry Fitzgerald.

Larry has been a below average player for several years now.

#37 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,748 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:11 AM

Larry has been a below average player for several years now.

Larry has been hampered by horrific QB play for several years now.

#38 Guest_Spider Monkey_*

Guest_Spider Monkey_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:13 AM

Larry has been hampered by horrific QB play for several years now.

Any excuse will do.

#39 d-dave

d-dave

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:33 AM

Are some of us really writing off Larry Fitzgerald?  Below average for several years?

Let's take a look at the easy stuff:

http://www.nfl.com/p...2506106/profile

Show me a severe drop off in career production?  Let's also ask ourselves, when was the last time a good QB played in Arizona?  Let's be frank, Larry Fitzgerald is still an incredibly dangerous WR.  He's still very productive.  But you will point to 2012, where he has a very subpar year.  What about our beloved, nearly sainted Smitty?  In 2009-2010 was he washed up?  Done?  Could you say he wasn't very good for several years?  Then he blew it up with Cam and has been very productive in a later career renaissance thanks to Cam (and Chud...).

So lets get this straight, I fully heartedly disagree with anyone's assessment that Larry Fitzgerald is a subpar NFL player.  It takes more than a couple of bum games to start a season.  It takes more than a bad couple of season to say you're done.  His game was never based on speed and quickness like Smith's.  Its based on things that really don't diminish with with age (injuries on the other hand will do that):  Length, hands, intelligence.  I will take Fitzgerald's career work as a sign he's in a slump with spotty QB play and coaching.  Like Smith in 2009-2010.

NOW (some might say talking out of both sides of my mouth), I will gladly concede that he could be washed up IF we not only shut him down, he has a high frequency of drops, shows little effort, and basically folds.  I've always enjoyed watching him play (when not against us) because he's been a classy, effective player.  But like pre-Cam Smith, he needs a system that takes advantage of his skills and a QB who can give him the ball.  He may not have that, but he's only 30, still big, tall, strong and smart.  

Don't paint over him because White and Lester had a good game.  They were successful because of good communication  execution, and our pass rush had its way with the Giants.  I hope both of those young players continue to get playing time.  I hope they excel, and I hope they help to completely stop any air attack in Arizona.  But let's not forget that the other team is playing, they get paid, and they want to keep their jobs.

#40 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,267 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

Any excuse will do.

It fans like you that jinx us. Take it back idiot. Fitzgerald is anything but below average. The guy possesses a very high football IQ, acrobatic ability to make impossible appear catchable, best route running in all of football, and his hands are second to none (no one has a better catching percentage and catch-drop ratio out there).

#41 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,748 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:59 AM

Look at Steve Smith with Jimmy Clausen.

#42 Untouchable

Untouchable

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:27 AM

Easy, Mr. lets be a snitch about other people's excitement. Sherrod Martin was a player being switched back and forth between positions. They moved him to safety because he was struggling at cornerback. He never got it. I have seen Lester and White make plays in college and they have made the most out of their first opportunity. So, I don't need to temper my enthusiasm. I am tired of Godfrey's 30mil and him getting repeatedly beat over the top while looking in the backfield. He is another safety who played corner and is still lost after years in the league. Find someone else to try and get your post count up on genius.

You mad bro? I mean, I've heard the truth hurts and all but coming back and attacking my post count, that's really painful.

There's no doubt they played well but with the exceptional play of the D line in the last game waiting for a large sample size is extremely reasonable.

#43 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

You mad bro? I mean, I've heard the truth hurts and all but coming back and attacking my post count, that's really painful.

There's no doubt they played well but with the exceptional play of the D line in the last game waiting for a large sample size is extremely reasonable.

I was simply stating that there were many posts that talked excitement about the play of these two youngsters and you decided to single out mine.  I can see you are a simpleton by the "you mad bro" and the complete misuse of the "truth hurts" phrase.  So, I am still hype about our two young rookies and you can temper all excitement until they play three seasons.  I understand kid..  

#44 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

I'm very happy for the kid.....just shows that all the experts can miss a talented player during the draft.Hope he keeps progressing and makes the starting lineup.

#45 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

His play will depend on pressure from our front four...if they can replicate the giants game, he will do well as will Lester.More guys we can have roaming the secondary and saturate the passing lanes will help then all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com