Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damn... they trying soo hard.

53 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

To steal from a Zod tweet, RGIII, Calvin Johnson, and Marshawn Lynch are all as guilty as Cam, but receive no mention:

rg3bucsII.jpg

nfl_maddencover_18.jpg

Marshawn-Lynch.jpg

Posted · Report post

To steal from a Zod tweet, RGIII, Calvin Johnson, and Marshawn Lynch are all as guilty as Cam, but receive no mention:

rg3bucsII.jpg

nfl_maddencover_18.jpg

Marshawn-Lynch.jpg

cam-newton-mask.jpg

I don't see the UA logo on theirs

Posted · Report post

I keep telling u folks the endless attack on Can has more than to do with revenge and exercising one's power.I bet u this story eas started by soneone close to ESPN or one of Cam's college rivals who r still butt hurt over Cam not being punished over a fake story.

Posted · Report post

Then you're not looking hard enough.  The UA logo is obvious on Lynch's.  The other two aren't UA logos.  I don't recognize them, but they're obviously logos of some sort and it ain't Nike.

Posted · Report post

cam-newton-mask.jpg

oakley

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

oakley

ahhhh...

Posted · Report post

So then I figured that maybe, despite the fact that I only just noticed them this past weekend, similar visor logos are common around the league. Yet in my image searches for other players who wear visors, I can’t find a single one besides Newton who wears a non-Nike logo on his facemask. The really great picture of Patrick Peterson’s visor that was going around last week shows a Nike swoosh. Those of many other players show no logos whatsoever:
vickcjcanty1.png

Now that it's been pointed out that the Oakley clip is used on other face masks, I went back to look at the pics the Forbes guy presents as "I can’t find a single one besides Newton who wears a non-Nike logo on his facemask" and all 3 have Oakley logos in them. 

Seriously dude?

Posted · Report post

I'm truly surprised we haven't seen ESPN and NFL Network jump on this story. I figured they would be on this like an oversized bottle on Jacoby Jones' head.

i'd be surprised if they did pick it up because even espn is a bit more educated than that clown who wrote the story and those hack places who scoop it up.

it doesn't take much to know that:

1) many players use either UA or oakley clips

2) it's more a choice of equipment managers as to which brand they use

3) it's a non-story.

Posted · Report post

I keep telling u folks the endless attack on Can has more than to do with revenge and exercising one's power.I bet u this story eas started by soneone close to ESPN or one of Cam's college rivals who r still butt hurt over Cam not being punished over a fake story.

You can also include the premise, "Cam didn't give them early interviews, or up until now". So therefore, many of them hold a (silly) grudge against him for that, thinking he's 'uppity'. Lol

Once again: I can't pay attention to this logo story. Too much nonsense. Notify me, when it becomes the latest ESPN/NFL Network Cautionary Cam Crisis. Lol

Posted · Report post

So first he uses a towel.... then he gets upset when he loses... and now he's wearing some visor clip with an UA logo that you can CLEARLY see with high powered 500X zoom binoculars

JUST WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS GUY

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

You can also include the premise, "Cam didn't give them early interviews, or up until now". So therefore, many of them hold a (silly) grudge against him for that, thinking he's 'uppity'. Lol

Once again: I can't pay attention to this logo story. Too much nonsense. Notify me, when it becomes the latest ESPN/NFL Network Cautionary Cam Crisis. Lol

Actually, Cam use to give them endless stories. It was they who fug it up when they started spinning everything he said to created endless stories about their own desire to mis-quoting him.

Sadly if you pay attention to today's media, such irresponsible behavior as this one, is the new norm. Putting out half or untrue stories that can then be spunned endlessly to keep the story alive and in turn give the creator of the story much needed attention, was how ESPN got started. Now it seems many do it for their own personal attention without regard to how the athlete may feel. After all, why should a bunch of lies really hurt someone who is making millions. At least that's their rational. Really!!!

Posted · Report post

If you read the article they are calling him a hero for breaking what they are saying is a stupid rule.