52 replies to this topic

#31 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,895 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:38 AM

Said it before.  I don't really think they hate him.  Most sports guys don't have deep personal feelings about guys they cover unless they know them personally.

Generally speaking, they just have a negative perception of him that most are too lazy to bother verifying because he doesn't play for an 'important' team.

Until the Panthers become more relevant, there's no compelling reason for the national guys to wonder if they're being fair or not, other than journalistic integrity.

(and if you think that exists in modern sports media, I've got bad news for you...) :(

Bottom Line: They just don't know any better.  Should they?  Absolutely, but good luck on that given that nobody much cares but Panther fans.

hate is a strong word. but Cam destroyed a lot of their credibility his first year. And i think you are giving their "naivete" way to much credit. these are supposed professionals.

i don't care about the recognition but i will call bullshit when i see it.

#32 MeowMeowMeooow

MeowMeowMeooow

Photoshop Wizard

• ALL-PRO
  • 538 posts
  • LocationFoothills, NC

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

I'm truly surprised we haven't seen ESPN and NFL Network jump on this story. I figured they would be on this like an oversized bottle on Jacoby Jones' head.

#33 FireMarshallBill

FireMarshallBill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

I'm not usually one to beat the media witch-hunt drum, but holy poo, this is pathetic...

#34 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:10 AM

Who gives a poo that this is all of a sudden news. If someone would have noticed this 2 years ago, it would have bee corrected then. Instead of now, like it has.

I have seen you guys harp on things for years. Cam got away with this for years. Pretty much makes it even.

Got to admit. As much flack as Cam gets, it is amazing that this took so long to be discovered. Evidently, people don't pay enough attention to what Cam actually does. Hard to see how this went unnoticed for so long?

Nitpickers are getting slack nowadays.

That's because/Don't you know: Most people that criticize Cam, don't actually watch him play! :phew:

I don't care about the story myself, really.  But you guys did bring up some good points/contradictions. 

#35 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,130 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

The funny part is in so many words the NFL said it was ok because nothing has become of it. Prob truth be told half the players in the league wear a logo on there clip.

#36 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,895 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

it's obviously not getting "corrected" because you could see those clips in the game last night.

if cam gets slammed with a hefty fine it is complete and total bullshit.

#37 panfan32

panfan32

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, North Carolina

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:20 AM

To steal from a Zod tweet, RGIII, Calvin Johnson, and Marshawn Lynch are all as guilty as Cam, but receive no mention:

rg3bucsII.jpg

nfl_maddencover_18.jpg

Marshawn-Lynch.jpg

#38 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,914 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:22 AM

To steal from a Zod tweet, RGIII, Calvin Johnson, and Marshawn Lynch are all as guilty as Cam, but receive no mention:

rg3bucsII.jpg

nfl_maddencover_18.jpg

Marshawn-Lynch.jpg

cam-newton-mask.jpg

I don't see the UA logo on theirs

#39 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

I keep telling u folks the endless attack on Can has more than to do with revenge and exercising one's power.I bet u this story eas started by soneone close to ESPN or one of Cam's college rivals who r still butt hurt over Cam not being punished over a fake story.

#40 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,916 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

Then you're not looking hard enough.  The UA logo is obvious on Lynch's.  The other two aren't UA logos.  I don't recognize them, but they're obviously logos of some sort and it ain't Nike.

#41 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,895 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

cam-newton-mask.jpg

oakley

#42 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,914 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

oakley

ahhhh...

#43 PantherFeez

PantherFeez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

So then I figured that maybe, despite the fact that I only just noticed them this past weekend, similar visor logos are common around the league. Yet in my image searches for other players who wear visors, I can’t find a single one besides Newton who wears a non-Nike logo on his facemask. The really great picture of Patrick Peterson’s visor that was going around last week shows a Nike swoosh. Those of many other players show no logos whatsoever:
vickcjcanty1.png

Now that it's been pointed out that the Oakley clip is used on other face masks, I went back to look at the pics the Forbes guy presents as "I can’t find a single one besides Newton who wears a non-Nike logo on his facemask" and all 3 have Oakley logos in them. 

Seriously dude?

#44 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,297 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

I'm truly surprised we haven't seen ESPN and NFL Network jump on this story. I figured they would be on this like an oversized bottle on Jacoby Jones' head.

i'd be surprised if they did pick it up because even espn is a bit more educated than that clown who wrote the story and those hack places who scoop it up.

it doesn't take much to know that:

1) many players use either UA or oakley clips

2) it's more a choice of equipment managers as to which brand they use

3) it's a non-story.

#45 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:28 AM

I keep telling u folks the endless attack on Can has more than to do with revenge and exercising one's power.I bet u this story eas started by soneone close to ESPN or one of Cam's college rivals who r still butt hurt over Cam not being punished over a fake story.

You can also include the premise, "Cam didn't give them early interviews, or up until now". So therefore, many of them hold a (silly) grudge against him for that, thinking he's 'uppity'. Lol

Once again: I can't pay attention to this logo story. Too much nonsense. Notify me, when it becomes the latest ESPN/NFL Network Cautionary Cam Crisis. Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com