• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

I'm so tired of hearing that someone or something hasn't shown up, and it's constantly chatter about how an offense of some team didn't show up. Whenever that is continuously being mentioned you would think they would notice a trend. That or they believe teams just show up for the lowly Panthers game.

Carry on.

#2 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,847 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

Gotcha.

#3 janderson20vt

janderson20vt

Double Bubble

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

We have been mediocre in recent years. Gonna take more than one good game to earn respect.

#4 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

That wasn't said about the Bills game.

#5 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,782 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:34 AM

Bills showed up... Or gifted a lead depending on which way you look at it.

#6 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,304 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

if the defense is as good as we think/hope it is...even the dumbest of people will notice a trend eventually.

#7 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

if the defense is as good as we think/hope it is...even the dumbest of people will notice a trend eventually.

They have certainly shown the ability to be really special. They still need to do it on a consistent basis and when it matters most to get and deserve any accolades. Let's hope that we have seen the first step towards that.

#8 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

You all have such short term memory. I hear most talk about the Seahawks game and the offense not showing up. Wilson was harassed all day long and we nearly held them without a TD. The Bills game wasn't dominant but without the game winning TD drive it's another tune.

I'm honestly not worried about individual games. The point of this thread is is to say that everytime the Panthers are referred to it's because someone didn't show up. There's a positive correlation between the not showing up line and the performance of the defense. Now that I spelled it out for you all.

#9 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,535 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

You all have such short term memory. I hear most talk about the Seahawks game and the offense not showing up. Wilson was harassed all day long and we nearly held them without a TD. The Bills game wasn't dominant but without the game winning TD drive it's another tune.

I'm honestly not worried about individual games. The point of this thread is is to say that everytime the Panthers are referred to it's because someone didn't show up. There's a positive correlation between the not showing up line and the performance of the defense. Now that I spelled it out for you all.

4 losing seasons in a row...  no one gives a poo about respecting losing teams... 

/spelled out

#10 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,958 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:09 AM

gotta earn it....we haven't.

last 2 years are D has choked and let bad players do big things...

#11 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:11 AM

I hope they say it every single week.

#12 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,886 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:12 AM

3 losing seasons in a row...  no one gives a poo about respecting losing teams... 

/spelled out

fify

#13 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,660 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

complt%20dept.jpg

#14 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

You are all seriously not reading my post. It's not simply from a numbers stand point or boo fuggidy who. It's just that any time, I hear about a supposedly good or should be good team, it's, "oh well they didn't show up at Carolina." I like that fact that two out of our three games have become, "well, against Carolina" kind of games.

I'm just saying there is a correlation now between, "against Carolina, blah bloo blah didn't show up." As opposed to a Jimmy Clausen butt fumble or Jimmy taking the snap and running for a TD for the other team.

A positive correlation meaning, there is a connection between two phenomena that are interconnected. Our defense plays well, the "team name here"s offense didn't show up.

You all either have terrible reading comprehension or just don't read posts and only read the title.

#15 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

4 losing seasons in a row... no one gives a poo about respecting losing teams...

/spelled out

Ill spell it out for you. This isn't about respect. This is the fact that two out of our three games are being looked at as a black eye for our opponents. It's not being tied together by the National Media that we are the common denominator and if we had won the Buffalo game, it would be tied together.

It's not about respect or a spotlight. It's just, "team name here"s offense didn't show up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com