Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Team Name Here"'s offense didn't show up against the Panthers

43 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Problem is that the real issue we have had is coaching. While our offensive had been unimaginative up until last week, our defense started 3 rookies and a few other guys with less than 5 years. Without Rivera, we don't play near as well with 3 rookies on defense.

No team should feel good about losing to any team in my opinion. That really shows complacency, which can exist on a losing team.

basically this topic will become a non-issue if we actually win more games than we lose and put up a great fight on a consistent basis..

then the team will have reason to feel a little discredited when it's about the other team never showing up..   at this point though, it's called for, IMO..

Posted · Report post

I find it funny that the Panthers can destroy a team a few years removed from winning the superbowl, and the only thing people talk about is the fugging under armour bullshit on cam. Not mentioning the great game Carolina played.

BUT when the 49ers beat the below average Rams, the conversation stays on point to what happened.

In short.

Carolina+blowout+goodteam= Cam did something illegal.

49ers+stomp+medicoreteam= 49ers are great and the Rams are in trouble.

Posted · Report post

I find it funny that the Panthers can destroy a team a few years removed from winning the superbowl, and the only thing people talk about is the fugging under armour bullshit on cam. Not mentioning the great game Carolina played.

BUT when the 49ers beat the below average Rams, the conversation stays on point to what happened.

In short.

To be fair to the Rams, they weren't going to do much anyway. They really have a defense built to succeed but when your offense can't move the ball it will wear on you. Bradford under threw Brian Quick in double coverage, instead of throwing it up to the 6'4 guy with a reported 40 inch vertical. He overthrew Austin Pettis on a sure fire TD. They just can't do anything on offense.

Posted · Report post

In short.

you may find it funny, but it's not that hard to believe...

who is more reliable, sustainable, and marketable?

Steve Jobs, the visionary, loses his massive company he built from the basement up only to then reclaims his empire...  (before the iphone)

or,

Joe Blow, the self-made business owner, shows promise by building 2 successful companies but both go under after the economy tanks, and he is now working hard on his 3rd venture that looks promising with profits in the black?

large, successful companies proving consistency mean more to 99.99% of anyone breathing than the guy who shows incredible promise on a much smaller level that has had hiccups along the way...

bad analogy?  I tried...

Posted · Report post

In short.

Yea...the Giants are 0-3 and suck. Not sure how you figure they are a good team.

It's not the same team that went to the SB and even that team was 9-7...hardly great.

Just stop it...no one cares about the fucking Panthers because they haven't done shit.

The real issue actually isn't respect..its that Panther fans don't understand that their team isn't above Browns, Raiders, etc...

You think our team is better than it is...reality is the issue.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

We have some players with star power. I think we are a win or two away before we become that 'surprise team'

Posted · Report post

Yea...the Giants are 0-3 and suck. Not sure how you figure they are a good team.

It's not the same team that went to the SB and even that team was 9-7...hardly great.

Just stop it...no one cares about the fuging Panthers because they haven't done poo.

The real issue actually isn't respect..its that Panther fans don't understand that their team isn't above Browns, Raiders, etc...
You think our team is better than it is...reality is the issue.

The Giants have had a tough schedule thus far. Cowboys, Broncos, and us. Now they have the Chiefs. It's plausible all 4 are playoff teams so I wouldn't read into how "bad" they are compared to other teams.

Posted · Report post

In short.

Giants aren't a good team

Posted · Report post

The Giants have had a tough schedule thus far. Cowboys, Broncos, and us. Now they have the Chiefs. It's plausible all 4 are playoff teams so I wouldn't read into how "bad" they are compared to other teams.

The first of many flaws in that post:

Since when does losing to playoff teams make you good?

Second:

I didn't read anything...I've watched all the Giants games this year...I've SEEN how bad they are.

Posted · Report post

We will know if this is a playoff team after the next 4 games.  Losing to the Bills really hurt...that was a game they should have won.  Next 4 against Arizona, Minnesota, St. Louis, and Tampa???  You HAVE to win those games if you're going to make the playoffs.

Posted · Report post

The first of many flaws in that post:

Since when does losing to playoff teams make you good?

Second:

I didn't read anything...I've watched all the Giants games this year...I've SEEN how bad they are.

It doesn't make you good, but it doesn't make you bad. The NFC East allows teams to be in discussion for playoffs at 8-7 year in and year out. If they get to the playoffs and are able to get hot they will be fine.

In my opinion, it's just too soon to say. I personally think the Jets are a bad team. I haven't heard anyone echo the sentiment. I thought the Rams were a bad team before the year started.

The Giants have things that neither of these teams have, a quarterback. And they have time still but they are not a bad team. Under achieving and misguided maybe. No less talent on that team than the Falcons or the Dolphins.

Posted · Report post

It doesn't make you good, but it doesn't make you bad. The NFC East allows teams to be in discussion for playoffs at 8-7 year in and year out. If they get to the playoffs and are able to get hot they will be fine.

In my opinion, it's just too soon to say. I personally think the Jets are a bad team. I haven't heard anyone echo the sentiment. I thought the Rams were a bad team before the year started.

The Giants have things that neither of these teams have, a quarterback. And they have time still but they are not a bad team. Under achieving and misguided maybe. No less talent on that team than the Falcons or the Dolphins.

This was the premise...

In short.

Carolina blew out a good team....

If we wanted respect or attention, we would have closed out the Seahawks.

1 person likes this