Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Backup QBs...

28 posts in this topic

Posted

Weren't we the coming out party for Tony Romo as well?

Posted

in past years backups have had all day to throw the ball.. 

this year should prove different with monstrz inc in their face. 

I fail to see how any backups are going to flourish in that environment, unless of course, they get all day to throw the ball.

Posted

The last time we played Ponder it didn't turn out so well. We also didn't have a kicker and then you have "the 70 year old man running down the field that saw what he saw". Seriously would've been a highlight reel comeback drive but Mare fugged that up.

Posted

Yeah these backups will make a lot of mistakes with all the pressure that is coming at them against us

Posted

my hope is that we see a change this year.

so far we've done really well against non-mobile QBs and none of those backups are known for being mobile.

one thing about our history against back up QBs is that we usually get them the first week they hit the field. with these potential backups hitting the field now we shouldn't have the problem we have had.

i'm just not as worried about it as i used to be.

I believe it already has.

It was the Fox teams that always made backup QBs look good.  I don't think that's happened under Rivera.

1 person likes this

Posted

It was the Fox teams that always made backup QBs look good.  I don't think that's happened under Rivera.

Agreed.  I don't think we played against many backups last year, but we certainly beat Philly with Nick Foles as their QB. 

Posted

Brady Quinn was 19 of 23 against the Panthers last season.

Posted

Doesn't matter anymore...you have to beat who is in front of you. Starter,backup,backups backup....beat them all. That is what a good team does...no excuses...take no prisoners.

Posted

cassel is a much better qb than ponder

i haven't seen much of glennon, but he can't be much worse than freeman

Posted

Brady Quinn was 19 of 23 against the Panthers last season.

I am not really sure if Quinn could be considered the backup last year. In midseason, he was named starter over Cassell even though Cassell was healthy. 

Posted

I am not really sure if Quinn could be considered the backup last year. In midseason, he was named starter over Cassell even though Cassell was healthy. 

Yeah, but it's Brady Quinn. It was the only game he won as a starter.

Posted

brady quinn