Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matthias

Should the Washington Redskins change their name?

Should Washington change the their name?   48 members have voted

1. 1. Should Washington change the their name?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

138 posts in this topic

If any of you guys have native american friends, you should greet them next time with "Hey, red skin."

Cause it's just a cute nickname.

I do actually have a friend that's american indian and he'd probably laugh if I called him that... but if it was someone he didn't know I'm sure he wouldn't like it.

This is one of those issues that is going to become less tolerable as the years go by.

When the current owner bought the team he hoped to be remembered as the man who returned the Redskins to their glory days of winning.

Not only has he failed to do that, it is likely he'll be primarily be remembered in NFL history for his stubbornness and lack of vision.

Could always call them the Washington Politicians. They spend a whole bunch of money on stuff that doesn't work. Hire Rex Ryan to be their coach and promise a couple Super Bowls which of course he can't deliver and then fire him after 4 years. 

i am truly amazed at the utter lack of ability to think independently about these issues and the defaulting to taught positions like "i am against political correctness." exhibit A:

ScreenShot2013-10-14at123622PM_zpsf6eec5

ScreenShot2013-10-14at123957PM_zpsc26fa3

2 people like this

honestly how does a human say "i am against political correctness" like it's a fuging political position or something that actually requires a modicum of thought and walk upright at the same time

2 people like this

I don't  like everything having to be politically correct.  If they were named the Washington Crackers, I seriously wouldn't care less.

Politically correct is just a word for "not being a ***** to other human beings." It's just too much for some people who are natural *****.

by **** i mean cunts

2 people like this

honestly how does a human say "i am against political correctness" like it's a fuging political position or something that actually requires a modicum of thought and walk upright at the same time

I'm against it, when it is used without moderation.

Manhole cover -> Peoplehole cover

Police person vs Police man 

etc

I think the majority of Skins fans are against changing the name, so I am now 100% for it.

In all serious, I don't know the history behind the name, but if a large enough portion of Native American's find it offensive then changing the name would likely be the right thing to do. 

They could even stick it to the Cowboys "America's Team" and become the Washington Americans.

I voted no, but I was thinking more along the lines of being forced to change it, I don't want to see that.

But, yes, changing it probably is the correct thing to do.

• Topics

• So we have already picked up Kelvin's fifth year option.  If I gaze into my crystal ball this is what I see happening. This upcoming season (year four) for Kelvin, will be a somewhat of a disappointment, same for Funchess. However, our offense will benefit from the varied and viable options we have provided Cam.  Panthers win Superbowl beating the Patriots and Olsen retires.  Panthers draft a tight end with pick 32.  Kelvin will swear in the offseason that he's taking things seriously as they will need him to be a leader with Olsen retiring., hint: he will because that oh so coveted second contract is looming and Kelvin is no spring chicken (already 26).  Year 5 comes. Kelvin has worked himself into shape and looks amazing. Basically everything we've always wanted from him. However, Funchess has a great season as well, remember Funchess is only (22) right now. He probably came out a year too early and it historically takes WRs a couple years to hit their stride.  Big time decision will come down to Gettleman and co. and I ultimately think we move on from Benjamin where he goes on to sign with the Los Angeles Rams. 
    • Competition makes the most of everyone. Gano had an off year and might be spurred on by the challenge. This guy seems like a good kid, but only one or two new kickers make it into the league each year... it's a hard gig to land.