Photo
- - - - -

How do you feel about the Panthers playing in merry old England?

Best Answer OriginalPantherDan, 28 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

I make it to one Panthers game a year (dammit, I live in Richmond, VA) so it's not like I'm missing attending a game by sending the Panthers to England, but I still don't like the idea of it.  Not a bit.  Goodell should die for pushing this crap.  If the NFL is so hell-bent on expanding the NFL fan base, it needs to begin with a league BASED in Europe, not pushing teams around the globeā€¦a global league is impossibly complex and unworkable unless we also implement the as-yet-uninvented teleportation device to alleviate transportation nightmares.  And as I recall, there WAS an NFL Europe aka World League of American Football, and it went belly-up. So no, it's a bad idea, as is European football (and dentition).

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,433 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

Unless Fidel Goodell is ousted by coup, the games in London are going to continue and possibly escalate even more than Jacksonville envisions.  How do you guys feel about the Panthers playing a game over there?

If it is some other team's "home" game, I will not be quite as upset but it is still nothing to be desired IMO.  Don't want the Panthers flying that far, messing up their internal clocks, you get no extra attention for it here in the states, it will prolly be a game against the Jags, long trip back...for what? For fuging what?  Global exposure?  Yeah, right.

Now if we give up one of our "home" games to play in front of a bunch of tosser prats with bad teeth, I may have an aneurysm.  I think the Vikings fans should be beyond irate about giving up a home game. 

If I ever get a chance to autoclick my ass off on some website about whether I am or am not in favor of the Panthers playing in merry olde Englund, the Dameshek vote will look like a down-to-the-wire, last second win compared to what I do to ensure we never darken the Cliffs of Dover with a plane.

Then again, I am a old dude that likes to talk about the good-ole-days, like when "defenseless receiver" was a good thing and you looked forward to his bell being rung.

So I repeat, how do you feel about the Panthers giving up a game, most importantly a home game to playing in England?

......or Mexico?

#2 Corporal Casto

Corporal Casto

Noob Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationQueen City

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:12 PM

......or Mexico?

8593512646_ac112c4f0f_o.gif

#3 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,834 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

There has been games in Mexico before. If the Panthers came here I would be ecstatic. They would more than likely play in Mexico city. That's far but id go.

#4 camtheone

camtheone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

Wouldn't like them to take the long journey over and for sure wouldn't want them to lose a home game.....I think the league should somehow compensate season ticket holders for stealing a home game too.  

#5 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 5,154 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

I'd hate it.

Especially if it were a home game taken from us. 

#6 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,439 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

I don't know why he's so dead set on having a game played in London.  The majority of people over there don't even give a fug about the NFL... so it screws over the teams for no real reason.

I know I wouldn't give a poo if the Bratwurst Ballkickers came over to play a game in New York City.  I expect it to be equally as true for them Redcoats over there.

#7 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

• HUDDLER
  • 4,433 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

I don't know why he's so dead set on having a game played in London.  The majority of people over there don't even give a fug about the NFL... so it screws over the teams for no real reason.

I know I wouldn't give a poo if the Bratwurst Ballkickers came over to play a game in New York City.  I expect it to be equally as true for them Redcoats over there.

Easy son....the Bratwurst Ballkickers don't take shiit on any continent. 

#8 PantherGuy

PantherGuy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

#9 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,363 posts

I don't know why he's so dead set on having a game played in London. The majority of people over there don't even give a fug about the NFL... so it screws over the teams for no real reason.

I know I wouldn't give a poo if the Bratwurst Ballkickers came over to play a game in New York City. I expect it to be equally as true for them Redcoats over there.

All about the bottom line, plus England does actually have a decently sized* NFL fan base, if I'm not mistaken.

#10 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Based on the quality of teams the last few years, I would love it.  We could chalk it up as a W already.

#11 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,496 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:35 PM

My question is how would this affect PSL owners?  Would you guys still have to buy the ticket even though they can't reasonably expect you to fly all the way over there to see the game?  That would suck.  That'd make 3 worthless tickets instead of 2 that PSL owners would have to buy that year.

#12 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,733 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

I don't like change.

Keep it in America damnit

#13 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,269 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:38 PM

I don't know why everyone assumes England has no interest in the NFL. ProFootballFocus is based there, and the number of British fans have risen steadily with no ebbs over the last decade. Almost 10% of the fantasy leagues my fantasy toolkit is utilized by comes from users from overseas.

#14 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't the attendance and revenue from the NFL games in England over the past couple of years been slipping?

#15 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

• HUDDLER
  • 4,433 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

All about the bottom line, plus England does actually have a decent NFL fan base, if I'm not mistaken.

I can no longer look you in the eye.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com