Photo
- - - - -

How do you feel about the Panthers playing in merry old England?

Best Answer OriginalPantherDan, 28 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

I make it to one Panthers game a year (dammit, I live in Richmond, VA) so it's not like I'm missing attending a game by sending the Panthers to England, but I still don't like the idea of it.  Not a bit.  Goodell should die for pushing this crap.  If the NFL is so hell-bent on expanding the NFL fan base, it needs to begin with a league BASED in Europe, not pushing teams around the globeā€¦a global league is impossibly complex and unworkable unless we also implement the as-yet-uninvented teleportation device to alleviate transportation nightmares.  And as I recall, there WAS an NFL Europe aka World League of American Football, and it went belly-up. So no, it's a bad idea, as is European football (and dentition).

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#76 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

Hope it happens. It would take some serious scheduling but make it a Tuesday night game just before the two playing teams have their byes. They get extra time to accommodate the flying.

They are professionals. Many business pros fly around the world weekly and land/negotiate mega deals for much less money than these guys make.

While we are at it, make the season 18 games long with 2 preseason games. More revenue and PSL owners get to see an extra game each year.

"Sending money oversees" is a bit shortsighted. Nfl and it's teams are American owned--drawing more world money into American companies is only a good thing.

Sorry but 'business pros' don't work in a sport that takes a literal physical toll on their bodies. Players who have spoken out about it tend to hate the idea.

Ditto the 18 game season. Fans aren't generally too high on that one either.

Which points up one of Roger Goodell's major failings. While I like what he's done with league discipline, he keeps talking up stuff like the 18 game season and teams in L.A. and London as things 'the fans want', which is crap.

#77 KillaCamNewton

KillaCamNewton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:28 AM

why dont they just play the majority of preseason games in other countries? send the niners, seahawks, cali teams to japan, send the southwest teams to mexico, the florida teams to the caribbean, the east coast teams to europe, and the northern teams to canada

#78 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

Would love to be at Wembley today !!!

#79 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,331 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

84,000 in attendance.

#80 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,126 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:17 PM

Sorry but 'business pros' don't work in a sport that takes a literal physical toll on their bodies. Players who have spoken out about it tend to hate the idea.

Ditto the 18 game season. Fans aren't generally too high on that one either.

Which points up one of Roger Goodell's major failings. While I like what he's done with league discipline, he keeps talking up stuff like the 18 game season and teams in L.A. and London as things 'the fans want', which is crap.

The owners want both, Goodell doesn't have a choice in talking it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.