Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dameshek suggest trades

51 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't see this trade happening, and I don't think JStew is going anywhere. I do however believe there is a high probability that Nicks could very well be a Panther next season. I would absolutely be good with that.

Go Panthers!

Posted

Just a FYI, JStew's signing bonus wouldn't accelerate this season. The dead money cap hit would be the exact amount it's already counting toward the cap (and we'd remove his base salary so we'd actually end up with more cap space). The remaining amount on the signing bonus would accelerate towards next season.

Posted

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/jonathan-stewart/

$18M down the drain in dead money? This isn't going to happen with our cap issues. Cute idea but 0 chance bc we'd take the dead money hit immediately for 2014 when the trade happens and you can't cut it up with a June 1 designation.

Posted

A lot of his guaranteed money is in base salaries, which we wouldn't have to pay or take cap hits for if he's traded (the new team would take that on). His signing bonus was 9 million and 3.6 of that has already hit the cap.

Posted

Sure there is, you ask the player to downsize his signing bonus.

Hell, a contract can be rewritten for a player to lose all his signing bonus and play for 1 dollar, if the player would agree to it.

There's a league minimum and its not a dollar there boss.

Posted

no way, not with that hit. i'll be all over signing him as a FA next season though.

Posted

Why would they want this trade? 

they have no running game. you could blame it partially on the o-line. but wilson has been poo.

Posted

Why would you trade a player under contract for a guy who's going to be a free agent next offseason anyway?

1 person likes this

Posted

they have no running game. you could blame it partially on the o-line. but wilson has been poo.

Stewart has all the tools in the world but unfortunately I don't think his ankles will allow him to demonstrate them.

Posted

this trade would never happen.

the giants don't pay big money to running backs.

Posted

Do it! I'd even add a 3rd.

But the Cowboys-Bills deal just don't make sense: Byrd/Jackson for Escobar.

I'd rather do the Cleveland/Lions or SF/Titans trade.

Stewart for Gordon or a 4th for Britt.

Posted

A good idea, I like it. I don't think that it will happen though. I think that there are too many variables. But if was or is doable, I'm in.