Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

can we talk about sports betting here?

22 posts in this topic

Posted

I think making wagers or promoting sites is a no no

Taking about lines and spreads. ... and your thoughts should be ok

But I'm just a serf

Posted

May have to look into the soccer thing. I went against my gut and bet on us last weekend. The numbers were about 70% in our favor as a road favorite of less than a TD coming off a bye. The numbers didn't account for Chico's abysmal post bye record.

I find it much easier to bet on over/under overall. Like yesterday I was pretty sure Bears would win, but I was more positive the over would hit, which it did. It's basically trying to figure if there is going to be a low scoring defensive type game, or a decent scoring to shootout type game. Now this is just for football, the over unders on basketball are a lot harder for me.

Posted

Basketball o/u is terrible. Soccer o/u is typically 1.5 - 2.5. Which is a two one game. Good for middle road teams or a power vs a low end. I try to stay away from picking winners to. Over under or second half spread for a game im watching works best for me

Posted

Anybody do anything with Hockey?  I've been doing ok with it recently.

Posted

Nah black hawks seem usually sure bets though

Posted

They are doing pretty well.  Problem with the power house teams is they are usually heavy favorites, thus the inevitable upset takes a lot of games to make up when it happens.

Posted

Taking a parlay with TN and the over tonight. So far so good.

Posted

fanduel.com is a good legal site. fantasy only, big payouts on tourneys with large winner pools.

Posted

fanduel.com is a good legal site. fantasy only, big payouts on tourneys with large winner pools.

signed up today. Playing free with my kids and joined a couple $5 leagues to see how it works.

1 person likes this

Posted

signed up today. Playing free with my kids and joined a couple $5 leagues to see how it works.

Tried to do a fanduel game with my brother today but he bailed and it got filled by someone else.

This someone else has won 120,627 money games on fanduel.

How the fug