gonna happen or not?

what is your take?

#2 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

I honestly don't know. Things are starting to steadily get more frightening.

What happens when China says no more borrowing? We are already past the point of returning.

When it comes to government, I believe it will get so bad that Normal average Americans will stand up and actually take action. Possibly using weapons and what not to take over and throw out government. Some think this isn't a possibility but u could see a scenario where the armed forces would be on the peoples side and help. But hell idk I think it's possible.

Maybe that's a deeper answer than u wanted but that's my take. Could take a few years tho

#3 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,529 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

Eventually, yes.

#4 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

Fwiw, I think Republicans (at least some of them) are putting on an act for their constituents, and will approve something either at the last minute, or after a few days of shutdown and it will not have that much of an impact.  The debt ceiling is a little more serious though. 

#5 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,450 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

all good things must come to and end...

#6 LongTriad

LongTriad

Missunderstood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:59 PM

Does not make a fugget.

#7 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,497 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:04 PM

Despite what the media portrays as things being rosey.

In the real world the economy has taken a major shyte as people wait for the hammer to drop on Obamacare.

We're all pretty much fugged.

#8 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationHighlands Ranch, CO

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

I gotta say, Washington has done this song and dance so often that I no longer care.

#9 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

One can only hope that the powers that be further demonstrate their inadequacy and incompetency...

More fuel to the fire of, hopefully, the common citizen opening his eyes towards the real problems in this country.

#10 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,205 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

For some reason the Repubtards are having a very difficult time understanding they've lost the last 2 elections, pretty handily, I might add. And they believe they can extort their way back into relevancy by continuing with the threats of debt ceiling and trying to hold off the ACA, neither of which have anything to do with the spending bill on the table to keep the government running.

Here's the problem, Tea Baggers. The Affordable Care Act (ACA), which people refer to as "Obamacare" was signed into law in March 2010. So, rather than try to fix the law or tweak the law or make any improvements, they've simply gone about the weekly routine of voting to repeal Obamacare in Congress. The Congress has wasted time and money taking this vote some 35+ times now. Guess what, the ACA is still a law and Congress hasn't come up with a better alternative in the 3.5 years they've had at their disposal to do something.

Rather than distract everyone with the debt ceiling threats and the Obamacare issues, the Repubtards would be better served by simply coming up with a budget other than the trainwreck they came up with in March.... which is the root cause of the looming shutdown today.

http://www.politico....dget-97504.html

#11 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,106 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

Over 90% of Congressional incumbents are reelected to office, yet Congress as a whole has an approval rating of less than 10%.

Solution: Get rid of political gerrymandering of districts and limitless campaign contributions by billionaires and big business.

Then, and only then, will the percentage of incumbents reelected tumble. 

Once that happens, most Congressmen will quickly reevaluate their views to align more closely with the majority of American citizens, instead of their extremist deep pocketed sponsors.

#12 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,868 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

Look that way...the debt is nothing to worry about folks.

Carrying debt at the highest levels in the history of the nation (outside of a very brief period during WW2) is not a bad thing.

All is good, keep reading US Weekly.

#13 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,106 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

In the infamous words of Vice President Dick Cheney:

"Deficits don't matter."

Think about this: How do we EVER pay off the Debt if the moment we take in enough in taxes to start paying it off, Republicans use it as an excuse for tax cuts?

It is worth remembering just how we got here. When the Bush Administration took office, they were handed a balanced budget in which the government was actually collecting more in taxes than it needed to run the federal government.

Less than two years later, O'Neill was warning of a HALF-TRILLION DOLLAR deficit for 2003. The surplus revenue under Clinton was used to start paying off our Debt which had exploded under Reagan and the first President Bush.

Presidential candidate George W. Bush actually campaigned on the fact that because we were collecting more in taxes than it takes to run the government, that means we were being "overtaxed", telling cheering crowds, "It's not the government's money, it's YOUR money!", and therefore deserved a "tax cut"... the much heralded "Bush Tax Cut" that we are fighting over today, despite the fact that the original premise in support of them... a budget surplus... hasn't existed in over 12 years.

http://crooksandliar...s-economic-team

#14 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,205 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:40 PM

Redistricting, gerrymandering and voter suppression laws are the football equivalent of-

"We cannot put a team good enough to even compete on a level playing field, so we'll simply start paying people off to change the rules, cheat when nobody is looking and hope that no one catches us in the act."

#15 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,106 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

Redistricting, gerrymandering and voter suppression laws are the football equivalent of-

"We cannot put a team good enough to even compete on a level playing field, so we'll simply start paying people off to change the rules, cheat when nobody is looking and hope that no one catches us in the act."

Agreed with one slight exception.

Our political system is so broken, those on the right show little to no concern about being caught cheating anymore.  They brag about how voter suppression will guarantee victories for them on tape to their loyal minions, then turn around and provide feeble lies about statistically non existent voter fraud to the general public.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.