Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Government Shutdown

520 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

gonna happen or not?

what is your take?

Posted · Report post

I honestly don't know. Things are starting to steadily get more frightening.

What happens when China says no more borrowing? We are already past the point of returning.

When it comes to government, I believe it will get so bad that Normal average Americans will stand up and actually take action. Possibly using weapons and what not to take over and throw out government. Some think this isn't a possibility but u could see a scenario where the armed forces would be on the peoples side and help. But hell idk I think it's possible.

Maybe that's a deeper answer than u wanted but that's my take. Could take a few years tho

Posted · Report post

Eventually, yes.

Posted · Report post

Fwiw, I think Republicans (at least some of them) are putting on an act for their constituents, and will approve something either at the last minute, or after a few days of shutdown and it will not have that much of an impact.  The debt ceiling is a little more serious though. 

Posted · Report post

all good things must come to and end...

Posted · Report post

Does not make a fugget.

Posted · Report post

Despite what the media portrays as things being rosey.

In the real world the economy has taken a major shyte as people wait for the hammer to drop on Obamacare.

We're all pretty much fugged.

Posted · Report post

I gotta say, Washington has done this song and dance so often that I no longer care.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

One can only hope that the powers that be further demonstrate their inadequacy and incompetency...

More fuel to the fire of, hopefully, the common citizen opening his eyes towards the real problems in this country.

Posted · Report post

For some reason the Repubtards are having a very difficult time understanding they've lost the last 2 elections, pretty handily, I might add. And they believe they can extort their way back into relevancy by continuing with the threats of debt ceiling and trying to hold off the ACA, neither of which have anything to do with the spending bill on the table to keep the government running.

Here's the problem, Tea Baggers. The Affordable Care Act (ACA), which people refer to as "Obamacare" was signed into law in March 2010. So, rather than try to fix the law or tweak the law or make any improvements, they've simply gone about the weekly routine of voting to repeal Obamacare in Congress. The Congress has wasted time and money taking this vote some 35+ times now. Guess what, the ACA is still a law and Congress hasn't come up with a better alternative in the 3.5 years they've had at their disposal to do something.

Rather than distract everyone with the debt ceiling threats and the Obamacare issues, the Repubtards would be better served by simply coming up with a budget other than the trainwreck they came up with in March.... which is the root cause of the looming shutdown today.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/government-shutdown-gop-budget-97504.html

5 people like this

Posted · Report post

Over 90% of Congressional incumbents are reelected to office, yet Congress as a whole has an approval rating of less than 10%.

Solution: Get rid of political gerrymandering of districts and limitless campaign contributions by billionaires and big business.

Then, and only then, will the percentage of incumbents reelected tumble. 

Once that happens, most Congressmen will quickly reevaluate their views to align more closely with the majority of American citizens, instead of their extremist deep pocketed sponsors.

7 people like this

Posted · Report post

Look that way...the debt is nothing to worry about folks.

Carrying debt at the highest levels in the history of the nation (outside of a very brief period during WW2) is not a bad thing.

All is good, keep reading US Weekly.