Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fieryprophet

Something Neat I Noticed From Giants Game

MHS831    4,859

I don't remember who, but there were a number of guys that insisted that this was a "bad" or "lucky" throw by Cam.

Yes... yes they did.

The announcer said it when it happened.  Any time you have the DB's back turned it is not a bad throw.  However, there is reason to believe the ball was underthrown--should have been toward the corner/sideline more I feel pretty sure--but it worked.  Had Ross (who had been badly beaten) been able to get a hand on the pass as it entered Lafell's bread basket (he came close), there obviously would have been more discussion about the location of the pass.

Razeyfingers    1,005

Not really.  I mean Lafell might end up being a good receiver, but I can see him ever being the threat that Smith was. 

You mean you dont think LaFell is going to be one of the top 20 players to ever play the game? Wow, I am glad I have that analysis. Could that statement have sucked anymore than you think LaFell does? lol

Maybe we should go get that guy in NY that had 0 catches but is obviously better than LaFell, hahaha

2jakefansinva    1,814

Cam likes to exaggerate his failures. It could have been a little better placed but it wasn't a bad one by any stretch.

the throw should have been over Lafell's sholder so the defender had NO chance of touching it.

Bad throw.........but great result.

TheRumGone    14,355

the throw should have been over Lafell's sholder so the defender had NO chance of touching it.

Bad throw.........but great result.

uh no

Chaos    8,370

Ross was beat, Cam knew it, great work by the QB and WR.  Nitpicking over the placement of the throw is just that - nitpicking.

Bunch of nitpickers.

Davidson Deac II    4,345

You mean you dont think LaFell is going to be one of the top 20 players to ever play the game? Wow, I am glad I have that analysis. Could that statement have sucked anymore than you think LaFell does? lol

Maybe we should go get that guy in NY that had 0 catches but is obviously better than LaFell, hahaha

Did you read the post I was responding to?  The OP asked if we thought Newton/Lafell is the future of the Panthers, the way Smith/Delhomme once was. 

philp    1,185

Throw was fine. I'd rather see that than the ball instead of sailing over his head. Shows he is trying to improve.

tiger7_88    13,867

Wait a second... I just saw Matty Melt for the Fal'can'ts overthrow Roddy White by about 4 yards over his head on a 4th and 2 in the redzone against the Patriots.

I thought only Cam overthrew receivers like that... at least that's the impression I get from some posters on this board.

IGSaint    1,598

Wait a second... I just saw Matty Melt for the Fal'can'ts overthrow Roddy White by about 4 yards over his head on a 4th and 2 in the redzone against the Patriots.

I thought only Cam overthrew receivers like that... at least that's the impression I get from some posters on this board.

That poo was horrible, just a horrible throw from matty lice.

FootballMaestro    2,500

tiger7_88

RG3 over threw his receivers many times today. Lucky for him the Raiders, and Matt Flynn were woeful, offensively inept. 

Andrew Luck over threw his open receiver in the end zone on a easy 10 yard pass today. He also [luckily] had an INT that was called back due to a penalty by the opposition. He even had another potential INT sail right through the defenders hands--head on, who should have caught it.

Joe Flacco had [WHAT] 5 INT's? Eli Manning over threw a deep ball to a receiver that was practically alone in his own Zipcode and Caribbean Island in the Giants loss. Matt Schaub made some inaccurate passes (besides his soon to be game ending INT). Even current Ninja, Samurai, Ashanti Warrior/Master Jedi Knight, Peyton Manning missed some receivers (though it didn't matter). I saw Brady fling some wild overthrows during the same game that inspired this thread, originally due to some Matt Ryan clunkers of his own. The list goes on and on. 

Of course, you could find this sort of thing on the regular if you watched any NFL game. Atlanta coach, Mike Smith said he'd 'have to look at the film', when asked about the numerous over throws by Matt Ryan in Sunday nights loss, instead of casting immediate blame on his QB.

Now, whether it's the QB's, Receivers or blockers fault. Bad throws happen. Inexplicably many Huddler's appear oblivious that bad throws, periodically or routinely exist with other NFL teams QB's during real games.