Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Something Neat I Noticed From Giants Game

44 posts in this topic

Posted

Double

Posted

I don't remember who, but there were a number of guys that insisted that this was a "bad" or "lucky" throw by Cam.

Yes... yes they did.

The announcer said it when it happened.  Any time you have the DB's back turned it is not a bad throw.  However, there is reason to believe the ball was underthrown--should have been toward the corner/sideline more I feel pretty sure--but it worked.  Had Ross (who had been badly beaten) been able to get a hand on the pass as it entered Lafell's bread basket (he came close), there obviously would have been more discussion about the location of the pass.

Posted

Not really.  I mean Lafell might end up being a good receiver, but I can see him ever being the threat that Smith was. 

You mean you dont think LaFell is going to be one of the top 20 players to ever play the game? Wow, I am glad I have that analysis. Could that statement have sucked anymore than you think LaFell does? lol

Maybe we should go get that guy in NY that had 0 catches but is obviously better than LaFell, hahaha

1 person likes this

Posted

Billick, right away, said it was a good pass that demostrated the level of confidence Cam had in LaFell.

Posted

Cam likes to exaggerate his failures. It could have been a little better placed but it wasn't a bad one by any stretch.

the throw should have been over Lafell's sholder so the defender had NO chance of touching it.

Bad throw.........but great result.

Posted

the throw should have been over Lafell's sholder so the defender had NO chance of touching it.

Bad throw.........but great result.

uh no

Posted

Ross was beat, Cam knew it, great work by the QB and WR.  Nitpicking over the placement of the throw is just that - nitpicking.

Bunch of nitpickers.

2 people like this

Posted

You mean you dont think LaFell is going to be one of the top 20 players to ever play the game? Wow, I am glad I have that analysis. Could that statement have sucked anymore than you think LaFell does? lol

Maybe we should go get that guy in NY that had 0 catches but is obviously better than LaFell, hahaha

Did you read the post I was responding to?  The OP asked if we thought Newton/Lafell is the future of the Panthers, the way Smith/Delhomme once was. 

Posted

Throw was fine. I'd rather see that than the ball instead of sailing over his head. Shows he is trying to improve.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wait a second... I just saw Matty Melt for the Fal'can'ts overthrow Roddy White by about 4 yards over his head on a 4th and 2 in the redzone against the Patriots.

I thought only Cam overthrew receivers like that... at least that's the impression I get from some posters on this board.

Posted

Wait a second... I just saw Matty Melt for the Fal'can'ts overthrow Roddy White by about 4 yards over his head on a 4th and 2 in the redzone against the Patriots.

I thought only Cam overthrew receivers like that... at least that's the impression I get from some posters on this board.

That poo was horrible, just a horrible throw from matty lice.

Posted

Well done.