• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

Paul Finenbaum - “How did someone like Lane Kiffin ever get these jobs?” Finebaum said. “How did he land the Raiders job? At Tennessee? And particularly the one at SC? People think it’s because of his father, Monte, the great defensive wizard. In some respects, Lane Kiffin is the Miley Cyrus of college football. He has very little talent, but we simply can’t take our eyes off him.”

#2 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,435 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

Maybe the guys who run his former teams read message boards for ideas.

Someone on here recently suggested the Panthers should look at him :unsure:

#3 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,262 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

Aside from USC fans (to this point), who hasn't said this?

#4 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,196 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

I always have said he was there for his recruiting to keep getting quality players during the sanctions.  He's an awful gameday coach, but one of the best recruiters in college football....

#5 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

Good offensive mind, fantastic recruiter...but as already said the guy isn't cut out to be a head coach.

What's such a mind f*ck with him is that he is a great recruiter, he's young and energetic, and he has the resume. 

If I was Pat Haden I wouldn't have fired him...I think that he was put in a bad position, and I would have waited for one more good recruiting class. Kiffin is one of the few people that would have made the absolute best out of the situation recruiting wise.

Hell, the guy completely brainwashed Silas Redd into coming from Penn State, an absolute shell of its former self to USC, which is the same thing. Proves something.

#6 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,196 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

Good offensive mind, fantastic recruiter...but as already said the guy isn't cut out to be a head coach.

What's such a mind f*ck with him is that he is a great recruiter, he's young and energetic, and he has the resume. 

If I was Pat Haden I wouldn't have fired him...I think that he was put in a bad position, and I would have waited for one more good recruiting class. Kiffin is one of the few people that would have made the absolute best out of the situation recruiting wise.

Hell, the guy completely brainwashed Silas Redd into coming from Penn State, an absolute shell of its former self to USC, which is the same thing. Proves something.

He had to be fired to bring in a great recruiting class. He wasn't getting it done on the recruiting trail this year. Top CA talent like JuJu Smith, Adoree Jackson and others weren't going to go to USC because of Kiffin.  Now with the right hire both (and others like them) should be in L.A. next year....

#7 fjblair

fjblair

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

He had to be fired to bring in a great recruiting class. He wasn't getting it done on the recruiting trail this year. Top CA talent like JuJu Smith, Adoree Jackson and others weren't going to go to USC because of Kiffin.  Now with the right hire both (and others like them) should be in L.A. next year....

You said it. Recruiting is one of the main reasons he was booted so early in the season. UCLA was spanking him.

#8 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,196 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:07 AM

You said it. Recruiting is one of the main reasons he was booted so early in the season. UCLA was spanking him.

I wouldn't exactly say he was getting spanked. He had a much smaller class than this time last year, but UCLA's class isn't any ridiculously talented class. Couple that with the fact that one of their best verbals Adarius Pickett may end up flipping to USC by NSD and USC is sitting fine for a team without a long term head coach in place.  The biggest reason Kiffin wasn't getting it done on the recruiting trail is because he wasn't connecting with the big fish in CA (Adoree, JuJu, Pickett, Wadood, Mixon, Dixon & Mama).  That's a problem, especially when you need the most talented players you can get with the ridiculous 15 scholarship limit....

#9 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,846 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:40 PM

Quite a win tonight as Coach O leads the Trojans to victory over #4 Stanford.

hi-res-185379381-interim-head-coach-ed-o

Fight on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com