Photo
- - - - -

Welp, a lesson learned by the NFL thanks to the Bucs...

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#46 NavyPF4L

NavyPF4L

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

uhm... Try comparing that to the rest of the other Expansion teams and really tell me.. Exactly how bad is that crap? C'mon guys... Really?

I realize we've had some down times... But to completely disregard all of the amazing times we've had as fans is just assenine.

#47 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,044 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:03 PM

obviously not

but that mindset has to be tempered when you're dealing with millionaires and not 18 year olds

And a much longer season. He wore the team out by midway though the season last year. It's like overcorrecting your car when a wheel goes off the road, always leads to trouble.

#48 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:07 PM

Coughlin had to back down to not only get through to the guys, but to keep the team on his side.

Bellicheat isn't as militant as he is just weird. What helps him out, in addition to his resume, is that the vets on the team have bought in and set the tone.

Of course coughlin toned down, he's wouldn't be where he is today if he didn't but there's no way in hell you still can't label him as a disciplinarian. And same with belicheat.. There's reason these coaches are succesful but that doesn't mean they're not "disciplinarians" type coaches.

#49 asian88

asian88

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationConnelly Springs, NC

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

The question now is that since we already now whats is coming, Why kneel down at the end the game? Less chance of injuries running another run play where the OL attack the DL instead of having the OL be passive and the DL diving at their knees. Just my opinion. 

#50 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,060 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

First 18 years of existance

95 wins 216 losses 1 tie

2 Playoff appearances . 1 Conference championship appearance in which they lost.

Carolina

133 Wins 158 losses

4 Playoff appearances 3 Conf. Championship appearances in which we won 1. 1 Super Bowl appearance in which is widely known as one of the greatest Super Bowls ever. Damn you John Kasey.

I'm no bucs fan but expansion was a totally different scenario when they came into the league... no FA, no expansion draft, etc...

#51 BigEric

BigEric

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

I'm the best coach jersey has to offer. I don't look like that thing so I mean that automatically makes me better.

#52 NavyPF4L

NavyPF4L

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

I'm no bucs fan but expansion was a totally different scenario when they came into the league... no FA, no expansion draft, etc...

And so how would you explain Jacksonville compared to us as well then?

#53 NavyPF4L

NavyPF4L

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

Look as I said we may have had some down times by all means that is true. HOWEVER to say we've been nothing but crap our entire existence and to say we have NOTHING to be proud of ... I'm sorry.. I am very very proud to say im a Panther fan and will quickly brag to anyone who tries to say otherwise. Especially Cowboy fans.. Who do you guys think ended that destiny of theirs? That's right The Carolina Panthers..

Yup.. Im very proud of us and what we've achieved in our short time. Do I think we could've had more?? Absolutely but at the same time I'm not going to sit here and stomp all over what we HAVE achieved just because of some could haves and what if's.

#54 NavyPF4L

NavyPF4L

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:04 PM

And yes I'm sorry but to say we aren't much better if any at all then what Tampa Bay was .. The most losing Franchise in the NFL during its early years is a slap in the face! I don't care how  you put or try to spin it because THAT is just not true! ESPECIALLY when all you are looking at is the last couple of seasons.

#55 Kingfish66

Kingfish66

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

Tampa's coach certainly appears to be a complete jackass not cut out for NFL coaching. But Josh Freeman is an under-performing crybaby who was never that great and got hyped for 'game-managing' a couple decent teams. His performance this year was garbage, sub-50% completion rate, he gets benched, and the very next week is on the sunday conversation on ESPN. That's treason in the NFL. Freeman is the Benedict Arnold of NFL quarterbacks and if he gets another shot it will most likely be shorter than his one in Tampa. fug the Bucs, GO PANTHERS!

#56 Kingfish66

Kingfish66

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

Tampa's coach certainly appears to be a complete jackass not cut out for NFL coaching. But Josh Freeman is an under-performing crybaby who was never that great and got hyped for 'game-managing' a couple decent teams. His performance this year was garbage, sub-50% completion rate, he gets benched, and the very next week is on the sunday conversation on ESPN. That's treason in the NFL. Freeman is the Benedict Arnold of NFL quarterbacks and if he gets another shot it will most likely be shorter than his one in Tampa. fug the Bucs, GO PANTHERS!

Pardon the mis-type; fug the Bucs, GO PANTHERS!

#57 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,598 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

When searching for a head coach to turn around a losing mentality...

don't go looking for the finest football mind New Jersey has to offer...

alg-greg-schiano-runs-jpg.jpg

lol, what a tool. They need to fire everyone in the entire hiring process of this guy.

this is what happens when your first 8 choices turn you down.

#58 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,522 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

I had a dream about greg shiano and his family last night. Weird

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#59 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,834 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

for the fourth week in a row I've been able to repeat the same knock-knock joke to my bucs-fan boss at work.

knock knock!

who's there?

owen.

owen who?

owen four! yeah bucs!

#60 SevenSixes

SevenSixes

Born a moron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

I hear Lane Kiffen is already on a plane to JAX since he didn't have to leave the airport to get out of town yesterday..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com