• LocationSouth Jersey

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

Full pistol smith and Ginn...wowzers

#62 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,637 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

Ahh CRA...you can spin better than this. You know better than to suggest that those 2 fumbles cost us those games they were in good position to.

You can't knock a player for fumbling and ignore what Williams had done this year in that department. That is bias.

Whatever happened to the whole "it's a team sport" thing? Or does that philosophy only apply when talking about the players you happen to like?

You can tell us a 1000 times that you have nothing against DWill, that you just don't like spending so much on the position, and that Stew fits our offense better, but guess what? Nobody is buying that. It is obvious from the way you emphasize every negative that you are in no way being an objective observer.

And that's fine. We all do it. Just don't keep trying to pass it off as unbiased observation.

Sure it is a team sport.....his fumbles in both Seattle games simply made it tough on his team.

And no, I don't dislike Williams in a vacuum. If he was a cheap roleplayer.....he would be awesome.

He is running good thus far....but when people want to kick up the homerism card and make him more than what he is....I call it bc that is how I view it. Like the post where he is now a top tier RB again. That isn't something I do uniquely to Williams. Steve Smith, Beason, etc...not sure why it is so tough to let guys just be good players.

I am a firm believe in you move on from players....that ultimately is why people get ticked with me. Some want every fan favorite to retire here and I view that as unrealistic and will hurt us ultimately.

#63 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,658 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:01 AM

Deangelo is one of the greatest RBs of all time. Numbers don't lie. Statistically in league with Jim Brown and Barry Sanders, and will be remembered on the same terms. Best player to ever put on a Panthers uniform.

#64 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

Sure it is a team sport.....his fumbles in both Seattle games simply made it tough on his team.

And no, I don't dislike Williams in a vacuum. If he was a cheap roleplayer.....he would be awesome.

He is running good thus far....but when people want to kick up the homerism card and make him more than what he is....I call it bc that is how I view it. Like the post where he is now a top tier RB again. That isn't something I do uniquely to Williams. Steve Smith, Beason, etc...not sure why it is so tough to let guys just be good players.

I am a firm believe in you move on from players....that ultimately is why people get ticked with me. Some want every fan favorite to retire here and I view that as unrealistic and will hurt us ultimately.

I agree that the emotional attachment to players has cost us, both financially and on the field. I don't care who retires here. I want to win. 

My comment before has nothing to do with homerism. I like DWill and Stew and want to see Barner get his chance. There is no doubt we went full retard with the RB contracts. I just don't understand why you look for every opportunity to hammer DWill when you could easily make the argument that he has been the more productive member of double trouble.

If we let Cam be Cam, and by that I mean utilizing his abilities as a runner as well as passer, just about any decent RB should look good. What Cam does as a double threat is what opens up our whole offense. 

I just don't understand why you have to consistently hammer DWill. It's not his fault Hurney paid him like AP. And frankly, Stew's contract is worse than DWill's. Both of those guys have gotten paid, both are good but underutilized. We can't do anything about that, it's a done deal. So maybe we should just appreciate the production we are getting right now in the run game, and forget about jersey numbers and names.

#65 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,056 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:05 AM

I want to see Barner used as an effective prototypical scat-back. If used properly, I believe that he can bring a dimension to our offense that we have never really had.  With his pass catching ability, speed and shiftiness, I would like us to use him much like the Saints use Darren Sproles.

#66 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,011 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:38 AM

I think the Defense might get the idea we would run the ball with that formation... lol

Then we pass.  Armanti under center tosses an end around to Cam who reverses back to Tolbert who throws to a wide open.....Kalil?

Super Bowl

#67 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,433 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:37 AM

Then we pass. Armanti under center tosses an end around to Cam who reverses back to Tolbert who throws to a wide open.....Kalil?

Super Bowl

The chudster woulda done it. Not the shulaster

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#68 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,637 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

Williams' fumbles were only brought up when someone tried to paint Barner as a fumbler. He had one preseason fumble as a runner. The other was a QB exchange. If you want to make a big deal out of those.....you simply have to also recognize Williams is dropping it.

Barner wasn't a fumbler at Oregon. Kick returns is a different conversation

Regardless of what you spin, Barner had 2 fumbles credited to him not to the quarterback or anyone else in 16 attempts so that is one fumble every 8 carries in the preseason.  Williams has 2 fumbles in 62 attempts or 1 every 31 carries.  But yeah they are similar and you don't spin the Williams hate while riding other guys nuts who haven't even seen the field.  As for college, that has no relevance in the NFL.

#69 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,637 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:31 AM

Deangelo is one of the greatest RBs of all time. Numbers don't lie. Statistically in league with Jim Brown and Barry Sanders, and will be remembered on the same terms. Best player to ever put on a Panthers uniform.

No, he isn't

#70 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

I think we would be a top notch offense if we find a way to get Ginn involved in the read option gameplan.  Have him coming through the backfield and Cam's options being giving it to whoever is in at RB, Tolbert, Ginn, keeping it himself or throwing it downfield to Smitty and Olsen.

It would be a lot for a defense to gameplan for.

#71 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

Deangelo is one of the greatest RBs of all time.

no.

Numbers don't lie. Statistically in league with Jim Brown and Barry Sanders, and will be remembered on the same terms.

no.

Best player to ever put on a Panthers uniform.

...and no.

#72 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,637 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

I agree that the emotional attachment to players has cost us, both financially and on the field. I don't care who retires here. I want to win.

My comment before has nothing to do with homerism. I like DWill and Stew and want to see Barner get his chance. There is no doubt we went full retard with the RB contracts. I just don't understand why you look for every opportunity to hammer DWill when you could easily make the argument that he has been the more productive member of double trouble.

If we let Cam be Cam, and by that I mean utilizing his abilities as a runner as well as passer, just about any decent RB should look good. What Cam does as a double threat is what opens up our whole offense.

I just don't understand why you have to consistently hammer DWill. It's not his fault Hurney paid him like AP. And frankly, Stew's contract is worse than DWill's. Both of those guys have gotten paid, both are good but underutilized. We can't do anything about that, it's a done deal. So maybe we should just appreciate the production we are getting right now in the run game, and forget about jersey numbers and names.

Pretty sure it have repeatedly said he is running good.....so far better than 2012 and 2011.

Issue remains those that chime in with the he is one of the GOAT or now a top 4 RB again etc. That is over the top.....and disputing such isn't hammering Williams. Nor is wanting healthy diverse runners to be part of our offense when they return.

#73 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,626 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

Pretty sure it have repeatedly said he is running good.....so far better than 2012 and 2011.

Issue remains those that chime in with the he is one of the GOAT or now a top 4 RB again etc. That is over the top.....and disputing such isn't hammering Williams. Nor is wanting healthy diverse runners to be part of our offense when they return.

most posters realize this. but you have to continually chime in and dispute when random posters say he is GOAT and top 4 rb. it is few and far between.

and i know rodeo was joking when he said that.

#74 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,637 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

most posters realize this. but you have to continually chime in and dispute when random posters say he is GOAT and top 4 rb. it is few and far between.

and i know rodeo was joking when he said that.

Didn't sound like a joke to me....let him say that.

Rodeo isn't a random poster.

#75 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,626 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

Didn't sound like a joke to me....let him say that.

Rodeo isn't a random poster.

rodeo has consistently talked about our rb situation/problems. if he was being serious it's not consistent with what he has said before and i meant the other posters. but view this reality however you want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com