9 replies to this topic

#1 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,361 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

This might be a long shot, however, it couldn't hurt to look. Rumors are circulating that the Cardinals will possibly cut ties with Daryl (especially since he's due 10 million in 2014, and has had off-the-field issues). Since Beason might be on the way out, I thought it would be a rather grand idea to replace him with another All-Pro caliber linebacker at Will. It is uncertain how well Washington could play weakside but I am too busy drooling at the idea of obtaining the best blitzing linebacker in the NFL, and plugging him alongside the best Mike linebacker in the league in Kuechly, and a very underrated Davis on the other side.

What say you Panther fans? Would he be worth it?

#2 CelibatePimp

CelibatePimp

BAMF

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

"I told Bruce (Arians) last night, I may meet Daryl this morning at the door with a big hug," general manager Steve Keim added, via Arizonasports.com. "That speed on defense, his ability to apply pressure and cover those backs and tight ends was sorely missed. He's a dynamic player ... a top-five linebacker in the NFL, in my opinion. I think you're going to see this weekend, he's going to play with a ball of rage."

http://www.nfl.com/n...n-for-cardinals

#3 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,361 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

He's certainly needed and wanted now but I wonder what the GM's opinion will be when Washington goes to trial in November, and serves suspension #2 in 2014.

#4 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,288 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

No. He's a low-character dumbass.

#5 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,361 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

No. He's a low-character dumbass.

That he is most definitely. He'll probably end up in New England but dammit... a fan can dream of possessing such a vicious linebacking core.

#6 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,746 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

You asked if he was worth it?  Worth what?  A draft pick,10 million or something else. The problem with replacing Beason is that Beason will still be owed a ton of money next year.  You have to pay him that and pay for his replacement.

#7 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:40 PM

You asked if he was worth it? Worth what? A draft pick,10 million or something else. The problem with replacing Beason is that Beason will still be owed a ton of money next year. You have to pay him that and pay for his replacement.

Beason's contract was redone. He's gone next year. 2014 is voided.

#8 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,120 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

You asked if he was worth it?  Worth what?  A draft pick,10 million or something else. The problem with replacing Beason is that Beason will still be owed a ton of money next year.  You have to pay him that and pay for his replacement.

Soslow is right we're free of Beason next season while its great for the books but sad in my heart...this is Beasons last season with us.

#9 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,361 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

Beason's contract was restructured. He is likely gone next year without a cap hit.

Well, Daryl will positively hit free agency. I doubt he'll be traded. So I guess it depends on what the asking price will be but I think we all know he won't come cheap since he's a Top 5 LBer.

#10 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,746 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

Beason's contract was redone. He's gone next year. 2014 is voided.

I still thought there was some dead contract money. But you must be right because I didn't see Beason on spotrac.com which  tracks salaries and cap hits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com