Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spoke With Steve Smith Tonight...Life = Complete

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Dude you sounded so nervous.

2 people like this

Posted

Dude you sounded so nervous.

That's because I was.... I could just picture that Steve Smith stare looking into my soul over the phone.

3 people like this

Posted

i actually didn't think you sounded nervous. i would have mumbled and been noticeably scared that the question i was asking would make smitty think i'm an idiot or would have offended him. then i would have curled up in the fetal position and pissed myself.

Posted

That's because I was.... I could just picture that Steve Smith stare looking into my soul over the phone.

Fair enough. Hope you get to see and talk to him this weekend.

1 person likes this

Posted

It was my first time ever doing this sort of thing. I've never called into a radio show let alone called to speak to my favorite athlete and Panther ever. The guy I was on the line with previous to going on the air told me to keep it as short as possible so that is what I tried to do.

I guess he goes on there every Monday so I may make this a weekly thing this season and have some better questions drafted up ahead of time. As I said, really hoping I bump into him in Arizona before or after the game this weekend to formally introduce myself and share a laugh.

Posted

Stay frosty bro. SIGCHI used to call all the time. I'll have to listen every Monday.

Posted

Haha.. you do sound nervous, like on a first date type nervous.. did you have one hand under the table?

Posted

Good stuff, you sounded fine.

Posted

I lived in Cali.  Five Guys is better than In & Out.  

1 person likes this

Posted

Mike Rucker is the only Panthers player I've met. He was taking pictures and signing autographs outside of BOA before the '10 SF game.

But I have met Jerry Richardson, Julius Erving, and Joe Montana.

They were all extremely friendly and courteous.

If I met Steve I would probably freak out and say something stupid like, "Wanna smash my gf Smitty?"

1 person likes this

Posted

I spoke with Steve once before as well, and he almost completed my life instead of making my life complete.

Posted

"You see that Smart Water I got?  You wanna get hit up side the head?"

hahahahaha.  gotta love smitty.