Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Getting Defensive - Arizona Cardinals

41 posts in this topic

Posted

They have yet to face a top 20 rushing attack this season.

Panthers are a top 5 rushing attack.

I think we will have success.

Panthers also have faced the 27th, 28th and 18th rush defenses.

like most weeks, we go in confident or worried about something and it gets flipped on its head.

This would be a potential area to watch for.

3 people like this

Posted

With our running game resurging, I feel we'll manage to put up a respectable 24 points. I'm not convinced their defense is good enough to stop us in this area. As far as their offense is concerned, Carson Palmer is a decent QB, but I think he's going to get shaken up early by who other then the Kraken, and will struggle. I'm predicting when win this game convincenly: 24-13

Posted

Panthers also have faced the 27th, 28th and 18th rush defenses.

like most weeks, we go in confident or worried about something and it gets flipped on its head.

This would be a potential area to watch for.

And we will have to prove we can run the ball to win. If we can do that then we will be able to nullify there only way to beat us. Well provided Shula or Rivera does not poo the bed but that's every week.

Posted

With our running game resurging, I feel we'll manage to put up a respectable 24 points. I'm not convinced their defense is good enough to stop us in this area. As far as their offense is concerned, Carson Palmer is a decent QB, but I think he's going to get shaken up early by who other then the Kraken, and will struggle. I'm predicting when win this game convincenly: 24-13

If AZ hasn't proven to have a good rush D.....we haven't proven to have a good rush attack.

I see our rush getting bottled up or contained. Running for the sake of running to keep the play action respected IMO.

Defense IMO will need to win this game. AZ likely saying the same. Tougher game IMO than most are expecting

1 person likes this

Posted

Please Cam.

Posted

Yeah, I'm not overlooking Arizona's D. They've been legit for years.

1 person likes this

Posted

Cam's ability to run and Ginn's ability to get vertical will be keys in this game. The threat of those 2 should open up room for the RBs, Smitty, Olsen and Lafell to make things happen in the underneath and intermediate areas of the field.

Posted

They have a good run D. They shut down Reggie Bush who is otherwise having a prolific year. Same with Doug Martin who was having a good year until only getting 45 yards on 27 carries.

Posted

They have a good run D. They shut down Reggie Bush who is otherwise having a prolific year. Same with Doug Martin who was having a good year until only getting 45 yards on 27 carries.

Yep, they are a big part iof why there opponents don't rank well in the rush rankings despite good rush games against other teams.

We also have played some weaker rush D's which aids our rankings.

A Seattle type gameplan IMO wins it. If the D shows up. We don't want to give there DBs too many shots to make plays IMO

Posted

The whole we can't run because they have the third best rushing defense is often overblown.  The second best run defense , Arizona, gives up 75 yards a game and the 19th best run defense, San Francisco, gives up 109 or 34 more yards.  Even using the yards per attempt metric, Arizona gives up 3.0 yards per attempt and San Francisco gives up 3.5. Not a big deal.

One of the reasons the defenses we played ranked so low was because of us.  After Sunday Arizona will  fall out of the top 5 because of us. They haven't faced a top 15 rushing attack.  Instead they have faced St Louis (32), NO (25), Detroit (21) and Tampa (20) 

1 person likes this

Posted

The whole we can't run because they have the third best rushing defense is often overblown. The second best run defense , Arizona, gives up 75 yards a game and the 19th best run defense, San Francisco, gives up 109 or 34 more yards. Even using the yards per attempt metric, Arizona gives up 3.0 yards per attempt and San Francisco gives up 3.5. Not a big deal.

One of the reasons the defenses we played ranked so low was because of us. After Sunday Arizona will fall out of the top 5 because of us. They haven't faced a top 15 rushing attack. Instead they have faced St Louis (32), NO (25), Detroit (21) and Tampa (20)

The Giants, yeah...

The rest, we didn't really impact there rankings

I think we can run enough to keep the play action respected.....which is what we have done in competitive games this year

Posted

The Giants, yeah...

The rest, we didn't really impact there rankings

I think we can run enough to keep the play action respected.....which is what we have done in competitive games this year

I will take 3 yards a run and 6.1 yards a pass play which is what they are giving up.  We should win handily.