Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Getting Defensive - Arizona Cardinals

41 posts in this topic

Posted

I will take 3 yards a run and 6.1 yards a pass play which is what they are giving up. We should win handily.

Win handily based on what they are giving up? That doesn't jive.

That is the 2nd best in in ypr allowed in the NFL and a respectable 13th in ypp.

that is good D...not an indicator of a beatdown.

Field position and turnovers will be huge this week IMO

Posted

If AZ hasn't proven to have a good rush D.....we haven't proven to have a good rush attack.

I see our rush getting bottled up or contained. Running for the sake of running to keep the play action respected IMO.

Defense IMO will need to win this game. AZ likely saying the same. Tougher game IMO than most are expecting

I believe our defense will greatly help us win this week. However, I'm convinced our offfense is going to be enough to put them at bay. With DW coming back to form, and Cam feeling more confident in the pocket, it'll be a slow process by I see us going into the fourth quarter with a sizable lead. Then again, this is just my mere wishing thinking opinon taking root. As you mentioned, if Arizona can botteled up our run game, then there will definitely be problems. If this is the case,  I'm looking to see Greg Olson having a huge day.

Posted

Fun fact: the panthers are undefeated when they hold their opponent to 0 points

1 person likes this

Posted

Is Honey Badger a nickel DB or does he always line up with PP21?

Posted

The key for the Panther offense this game is having Cam run a lot out of a hurry up offense! Keeping the Arizona D unsettled!

Posted

The key for the Panther offense this game is having Cam run a lot out of a hurry up offense! Keeping the Arizona D unsettled!

Wildcard Shula

Posted

Field position is gonna be huge this game.

Unless Cam is successful at spreading their defense out, I expect our scoring coming from short fields provided by our defense.

I expect a low scoring game.

Posted

Unless Cam is successful at spreading their defense out, I expect our scoring coming from short fields provided by our defense.

This.

Whichever D sets up there offense the best should win....and AZ has a D

Posted

This.

Whichever D sets up there offense the best should win....and AZ has a D

i thiknk that what we've found out is that getting cam running early is not only the spark the O needs to get things going, but also the key to really getting the D spread out.

if we have cam take off like he did against the giants i think we'll get the better of them.

1 person likes this

Posted

i thiknk that what we've found out is that getting cam running early is not only the spark the O needs to get things going, but also the key to really getting the D spread out.

if we have cam take off like he did against the giants i think we'll get the better of them.

Cam definitely needs to run....hopefully Shula sees getting away from that to fit some Gettlemen dream isn't the way.

Cam should have a designed run on the first series of every game. He just seems to get in a comfort zone when he is doing it. Gross spoke on this before last year.

1 person likes this

Posted

amazing, in the two games the Cards have won, they converted a measly TWO of 21 third down attempts. Here is a brief article on the Cards ineptness on offense:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000253988/article/bruce-arians-says-arizona-cardinals-offense-is-putrid

Really hope the Monsterz Inc that showed up vs the Giants flies into PHX, and not the Monsterz Inc that was stonewalled by BUF.