Sign in to follow this  
Zod

Getting Defensive - Arizona Cardinals

frash.exe    10,841

Fun fact: the panthers are undefeated when they hold their opponent to 0 points

• Pie 1

CRA    12,296

The key for the Panther offense this game is having Cam run a lot out of a hurry up offense! Keeping the Arizona D unsettled!

Wildcard Shula

pantherclaw    3,146

Field position is gonna be huge this game.

Unless Cam is successful at spreading their defense out, I expect our scoring coming from short fields provided by our defense.

I expect a low scoring game.

CRA    12,296

Unless Cam is successful at spreading their defense out, I expect our scoring coming from short fields provided by our defense.

This.

Whichever D sets up there offense the best should win....and AZ has a D

rayzor    10,834

This.

Whichever D sets up there offense the best should win....and AZ has a D

i thiknk that what we've found out is that getting cam running early is not only the spark the O needs to get things going, but also the key to really getting the D spread out.

if we have cam take off like he did against the giants i think we'll get the better of them.

• Pie 1

CRA    12,296

i thiknk that what we've found out is that getting cam running early is not only the spark the O needs to get things going, but also the key to really getting the D spread out.

if we have cam take off like he did against the giants i think we'll get the better of them.

Cam definitely needs to run....hopefully Shula sees getting away from that to fit some Gettlemen dream isn't the way.

Cam should have a designed run on the first series of every game. He just seems to get in a comfort zone when he is doing it. Gross spoke on this before last year.

• Pie 1

jayflip    4,400

amazing, in the two games the Cards have won, they converted a measly TWO of 21 third down attempts. Here is a brief article on the Cards ineptness on offense:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000253988/article/bruce-arians-says-arizona-cardinals-offense-is-putrid

Really hope the Monsterz Inc that showed up vs the Giants flies into PHX, and not the Monsterz Inc that was stonewalled by BUF.

panthers55    5,379

Win handily based on what they are giving up? That doesn't jive.

That is the 2nd best in in ypr allowed in the NFL and a respectable 13th in ypp.

that is good D...not an indicator of a beatdown.

Field position and turnovers will be huge this week IMO

Who is saying we will beat down anyone.  But you act as if they have a better defense than us and they don't.  Total yards or even yards per play or yards per pass are really not important stats. The only things they shows is that their offense sucks so badly that the defense is on the field all the time and in poor positions so they give up points  The only statistic that counts is points scored for and against.  They are giving up almost 22 points a game while we are giving 12.  So regardless of the total yards we are giving up10 points less than they are.  That is the point, our offense will score more on their defense than their offense will score on us.  Who gets more yards is never reflected in the score which is how the game is decided.