#31 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,754 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

Field position is gonna be huge this game.

Unless Cam is successful at spreading their defense out, I expect our scoring coming from short fields provided by our defense.

I expect a low scoring game.

#32 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

Unless Cam is successful at spreading their defense out, I expect our scoring coming from short fields provided by our defense.

This.

Whichever D sets up there offense the best should win....and AZ has a D

#33 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,297 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

This.

Whichever D sets up there offense the best should win....and AZ has a D

i thiknk that what we've found out is that getting cam running early is not only the spark the O needs to get things going, but also the key to really getting the D spread out.

if we have cam take off like he did against the giants i think we'll get the better of them.

#34 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

i thiknk that what we've found out is that getting cam running early is not only the spark the O needs to get things going, but also the key to really getting the D spread out.

if we have cam take off like he did against the giants i think we'll get the better of them.

Cam definitely needs to run....hopefully Shula sees getting away from that to fit some Gettlemen dream isn't the way.

Cam should have a designed run on the first series of every game. He just seems to get in a comfort zone when he is doing it. Gross spoke on this before last year.

#35 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,086 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

amazing, in the two games the Cards have won, they converted a measly TWO of 21 third down attempts.  Here is a brief article on the Cards ineptness on offense:

http://www.nfl.com/n...fense-is-putrid

#36 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

amazing, in the two games the Cards have won, they converted a measly TWO of 21 third down attempts. Here is a brief article on the Cards ineptness on offense:

http://www.nfl.com/n...fense-is-putrid

Really hope the Monsterz Inc that showed up vs the Giants flies into PHX, and not the Monsterz Inc that was stonewalled by BUF.

#37 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,963 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

Win handily based on what they are giving up? That doesn't jive.

That is the 2nd best in in ypr allowed in the NFL and a respectable 13th in ypp.

that is good D...not an indicator of a beatdown.

Field position and turnovers will be huge this week IMO

Who is saying we will beat down anyone.  But you act as if they have a better defense than us and they don't.  Total yards or even yards per play or yards per pass are really not important stats. The only things they shows is that their offense sucks so badly that the defense is on the field all the time and in poor positions so they give up points  The only statistic that counts is points scored for and against.  They are giving up almost 22 points a game while we are giving 12.  So regardless of the total yards we are giving up10 points less than they are.  That is the point, our offense will score more on their defense than their offense will score on us.  Who gets more yards is never reflected in the score which is how the game is decided.

#38 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

Low scoring game, two good defenses against each other. I think we have the better offense for sure though. It'll be an interesting game for sure

#39 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

Who is saying we will beat down anyone. But you act as if they have a better defense than us and they don't. Total yards or even yards per play or yards per pass are really not important stats. The only things they shows is that their offense sucks so badly that the defense is on the field all the time and in poor positions so they give up points The only statistic that counts is points scored for and against. They are giving up almost 22 points a game while we are giving 12. So regardless of the total yards we are giving up10 points less than they are. That is the point, our offense will score more on their defense than their offense will score on us. Who gets more yards is never reflected in the score which is how the game is decided.

You said those impressive defensive numbers translated to us winning handily. Winning handily in the NFL IMO is a beatdown.....you don't loke the wording fine. There stats don't translate to our offense rolling to an easy win.....which you brought up

Those were your numbers that indicated a handily beating....now you are claiming they mean nothing and points is all that should be looked at when it was pointed out how good those numbers really were.

But I agree points matter, yards don't.

The fact there offense has been a joke actually means there D likely is even better than it is on paper.

And I said this will be a field position game.....who wins that will get the points. Neither team should be rolling offensively IMO.

We have a better offense. Which helped our D. Too early to claim we are better defensively.....AZ is talented and proven it on D

#40 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

Also, the Cardinals D while it has played very good......is getting back there best defensive player and a starting NT that was out.

#41 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,194 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

a pick six or special teams td would be brilliant

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, Arizona Cardinals, NFL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com