65 replies to this topic

#16 ctrcat

ctrcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

Here's the article from SB Nation, http://www.sbnation....-dallas-cowboys

I thought the topic was quite relevant since he was such a hot topic only one year ago. CB prospects are already being talked about for next year as well. Some, not all, were even disappointed we didn't trade our second like the cowboys did (ie Luke and Amini for Morris). WOW

FWIW he scored a 4 on the Wonderlic and blew it off because it "had nothing to do with football". Dude is lazy.

#17 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

someone say bust?

C7566FD5-775D-45D4-AE94-40ACF985BE49-231

#18 scarface

scarface

• HUDDLER
  • 3,049 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:20 PM

the knock on some of these 'Bama players has sometimes been that when they reach Bama and play there for 3-4 years they have already peaked and hit their ceiling. There isn't much room to grow in the NFL and get better. 

Honestly, out of the dominating teams Bama has produced since Saban got there, who is currently the best player in the NFL from there? 

Julio Jones?

Hightower? 

#19 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 17,028 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

I'll show you mine if you treat me to Golden Coral.

How about if you keep your clothes on and we all chip in for a free buffet.

#20 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,523 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

i also think scheme has a play in it as well.

#21 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 17,028 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

FWIW he scored a 4 on the Wonderlic and blew it off because it "had nothing to do with football". Dude is lazy.

He is probably correct though.

#22 Eminent Rogaine

Eminent Rogaine

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

I'll show you mine if you treat me to Golden Coral.

#23 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

Claiborne was LSU.

Right. LSU and BAMA players. Usually the strongest of the SEC. 

I've adjusted the OP. Peterson from LSU and Jones from Bama? two best in the league despite the numerous players put into the NFL and loaded teams they have annually? 

#24 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

That and they actually test for PEDs in the NFL.

plus a lot of them have to take pay cuts 

#25 sanjay_rajput

sanjay_rajput

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Locationstarkville, ms

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

the knock on some of these 'Bama/LSU players has sometimes been that when they reach Bama and play there for 3-4 years they have already peaked and hit their ceiling. There isn't much room to grow in the NFL and get better. 

Honestly, out of the dominating teams Bama has produced since Saban got there, who is currently the best player in the NFL from there? 

Julio Jones?

Hightower? 

LSU 

PP?

Trent Richardson, Warmack, & Fluker are doing good.

#26 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

i also think scheme has a play in it as well.

I absolutely think this is true. Morris Claiborne is more in the mold of Antonio Cromartie than a Ronde Barber. Not physical, but highly athletic and can run with the best of them, so he is better suited to play off-man coverage. He doesn't have the intuition for the position to play zone effectively.

#27 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,523 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

I absolutely think this is true. Morris Claiborne is more in the mold of Antonio Cromartie than a Ronde Barber. Not physical, but highly athletic and can run with the best of them, so he is better suited to play off-man coverage. He doesn't have the intuition for the position to play zone effectively.

yep. the cowboys are trying to fit a square peg, into a circle hole. he can play zones, but he is a man/man CB. press or off man is his strengths, and the scheme that they run does not play to his strength.

#28 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

Trent Richardson, Warmack, & Fluker are doing good.

I read a few weeks ago that Fluker or Warmack (can't remember which one) had some fairly credible evidence pop up that he had taken money his final year in college. Haven't heard poo about that since then. 

#29 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

Here's the article from SB Nation, http://www.sbnation....-dallas-cowboys

I thought the topic was quite relevant since he was such a hot topic only one year ago. CB prospects are already being talked about for next year as well. Some, not all, were even disappointed we didn't trade our second like the cowboys did (ie Luke and Amini for Morris). WOW

I took the wonderlic for a job interview. It's 50 questions. You get 12 minutes to answer as many of them as you can correctly. You aren't penalized for incorrect answers. I can't comprehend a person earning a '4' on the test. 

#30 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

yep. the cowboys are trying to fit a square peg, into a circle hole. he can play zones, but he is a man/man CB. press or off man is his strengths, and the scheme that they run does not play to his strength.

And it's funny, when I heard that they were hiring Monte Kiffin as their defensive coordinator I was like WTF? Not because Kiffin isn't good, because he is. But because immediately that made 4 of their best defenders (and highest paid at that) essentially obsolete. Brandon Carr, Morris Claiborne, Anthony Spencer, and Demarcus Ware (I'll admit Ware is doing pretty well, but he is just a monster anyway). They might as well trade Claiborne now before he loses more value.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.