Trill Laimbeer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,446 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:16 AM

Cam%20Newton_2*304.jpg?v=1

Cam NEWton & Ron RivERA tandem after a BYE:

Please note - Before you ridcule me with insults and condescending remarks; please remember that Mr.TD did not create the lame slogan used in the title. The Panthers did. If you look hard enough at tailgates, sometimes you can spot one of these awful shirts. If you see someone wearing one you should remind them it's time to update their wardrobe. A panthers tee usually runs $25. 

2011: 

Titans 30 Panthers 3

One of the handful of ass whoopins the Panthers have received under "New Era" and one of the worst Panthers games I have ever been to in person. Panthers were dominated in every facet of the game.

Cam Newton: 23/40 - 212 yards (+55 yds rushing) - 0/1

QB rating: 61.7 (second lowest of entire season)

QBR: 19.2 (lowest of entire season)

2012:

Cowboys 19 Panthers 14 (WK7)

Another of those WTF just happened games that so far have defined the "New Era." Panthers could have won this game but routinely let it slip through their fingers. 

Cam Newton: 21/37 - 233 yards (+64 yds rushing) - 1/1

QB rating: 73.4 (fourth lowest of the entire season)

QBR: 48.5 (seventh lowest of entire season)

Small sample size.

Still, we gotta win this game against AZ and if we want to even SNIFF the playoffs.....we realistically need to go 3-1 in the next four against the Cards/Rams/Vikes/Bucs who aren't very good. They have four combined wins (Arizona has 2).

I would love to see a 4-0 October. 

Other random stats I found interesting that are relevant to this game:

- Panthers are 8-10 ALL TIME after a BYE. 3 of the 8 wins have come against the 49ers.

- Panthers 8-4 ALL TIME vs Cardinals (including 4-1 AT ARIZONA).

- Big time individual performances against Arizona, including Cam's 422 yards WEEK1 2011. Deanglo 10th highest Panthers RB performance 2009 (158 yards) and Smitty's #8 highest all time Panthers WR performance 2011 (178 yards 2 TDS).

- Not a stat, but aside from SB38 loss, arguably the worst Panthers loss in team history came at the hands of the Cardinals during the 2009 NFC divisional playoff game in Charlotte. Some would say the team hasn't been the same since.

Go Panthers

#2 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

• HUDDLER
  • 4,929 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

I think we win in AZ just because Palmer will be hearing footsteps of the Kraken.. remembering his ribs cracking!

#3 4Corners

4Corners

Trill Laimbeer

• HUDDLER
  • 13,446 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

I think we win in AZ just because Palmer will be hearing footsteps of the Kraken.. remembering his ribs cracking!

Yup - if they can be disruptive and sack the crap out of Palmer I love our chances. 

#4 pdub0702

pdub0702

pdub0702

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationSouthern Pines, NC

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:07 PM

Cam%20Newton_2*304.jpg?v=1

Cam NEWton & Ron RivERA tandem after a BYE:

Please note - Before you ridcule me with insults and condescending remarks; please remember that Mr.TD did not create the lame slogan used in the title. The Panthers did. If you look hard enough at tailgates, sometimes you can spot one of these awful shirts. If you see someone wearing one you should remind them it's time to update their wardrobe. A panthers tee usually runs $25. 

2011: 

Titans 30 Panthers 3

One of the handful of ass whoopins the Panthers have received under "New Era" and one of the worst Panthers games I have ever been to in person. Panthers were dominated in every facet of the game.

Cam Newton: 23/40 - 212 yards (+55 yds rushing) - 0/1

QB rating: 61.7 (second lowest of entire season)

QBR: 19.2 (lowest of entire season)

2012:

Cowboys 19 Panthers 14 (WK7)

Another of those WTF just happened games that so far have defined the "New Era." Panthers could have won this game but routinely let it slip through their fingers. 

Cam Newton: 21/37 - 233 yards (+64 yds rushing) - 1/1

QB rating: 73.4 (fourth lowest of the entire season)

QBR: 48.5 (seventh lowest of entire season)

Small sample size.

Still, we gotta win this game against AZ and if we want to even SNIFF the playoffs.....we realistically need to go 3-1 in the next four against the Cards/Rams/Vikes/Bucs who aren't very good. They have four combined wins (Arizona has 2).

I would love to see a 4-0 October. 

Other random stats I found interesting that are relevant to this game:

- Panthers are 8-10 ALL TIME after a BYE. 3 of the 8 wins have come against the 49ers.

- Panthers 8-4 ALL TIME vs Cardinals (including 4-1 AT ARIZONA).

- Big time individual performances against Arizona, including Cam's 422 yards WEEK1 2011. Deanglo 10th highest Panthers RB performance 2009 (158 yards) and Smitty's #8 highest all time Panthers WR performance 2011 (178 yards 2 TDS).

- Not a stat, but aside from SB38 loss, arguably the worst Panthers loss in team history came at the hands of the Cardinals during the 2009 NFC divisional playoff game in Charlotte. Some would say the team hasn't been the same since.

Go Panthers

I don't think I can recall feeling any worse after a game than the game against the Cardinals in the NFC divisional playoff game...

#5 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,580 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

hopefully the "new era" gets a reboot this week.

#6 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

I don't think I can recall feeling any worse after a game than the game against the Cardinals in the NFC divisional playoff game...

Me either... Went from hammered drunk to stone sober in the span of like 12 game minutes.

#7 pdub0702

pdub0702

pdub0702

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationSouthern Pines, NC

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

Me either... Went from hammered drunk to stone sober in the span of like 12 game minutes.

I still liked Jake after that game (even though I was equally as pissed as the next Panther fan)...but things just kept regressing for him and our team.

#8 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

I still liked Jake after that game (even though I was equally as pissed as the next Panther fan)...but things just kept regressing for him and our team.

i get a lot of flak for it..but jake never really impressed me after the superbowl season. Sure he played good but i think a lot of QBs could have come in to our team and did well those years [a la Dilfer]. Too many interceptions for not being a 350+ yard passer like a Favre.

#9 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

We'll be fine. I would have started my own thread but I can't. So here's some excerpts from an article on NFL.COM

The problems are aggravated by a porous offensive line that fails to create holes in the run game and is getting run over in pass protection. Carson Palmer has been under siege in the pocket. (It also doesn't help that he's still Carson Palmer.)

One of the problems with the Cardinals is their inability to convert on third down. At 29.2 percent, the Cardinals are 30th in the league. Amazingly, they are just two-for-21 on third down in their two victories.

http://www.nfl.com/n...fense-is-putrid

We might have another shut out on Sunday

#10 Jmac

Jmac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

The Nike slogan applies here to this team this Sunday..."just do it".

#11 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Jordan Matthews Bandwagon.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,029 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

" Carson Palmer has been under siege in the pocket. (It also doesn't help that he's still Carson Palmer.)" lol!

#12 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,779 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:55 PM

the kraken = tommy jone 2.0

#13 4Corners

4Corners

Trill Laimbeer

• HUDDLER
  • 13,446 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

Yeah the Cards playoff game was brutal.  I know we lost a SB but I think the Cards playoff game would get a lot of votes for worst loss in franchise history. 

Been listening to WFNZ today and word is Rivera was not pleased with the attitude and practice today. 

It would be in typical Panthers fashion to go down there and lay an egg. 

#14 Sawyerballer

Sawyerballer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationGastonia, NC

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

What everyone has failed to enter in to the equation is the fact this season is different concerning the game following the bye.  In both seasons (2011,2012) we have lost the game before the bye week.  This season we handily won the game before the bye.  I would have to believe the energy being either negative or positive  has to carry over to the bye week and sequentially to the game after the bye.

#15 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,102 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

I think it's agreeable no one ever speaks of this game. It never happened. There were no playoffs in 08.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.