Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

just got laid off - I'm driving to Phoenix

59 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

It's called saving money. What a concept...Some people in here man

$12 is a lot of money to some Huddlers.

(Can I borrow $12?)
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

He's traveling the world following the panthers.

You all just jealous you aren't the fan he is.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Awesome

I've got an 8 year old who is the biggest panthers fan around and about 400,000 air-miles. He would love nothing more than to hit up some road games.

Probably next year but I'm ready

Posted · Report post

Y'all keep talking about money and Alice is gonna show up!!
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

when you find a new job, hook me up too

Posted · Report post

It would not be a huddle thread until some simpleton finds a way to spin it into something moronic :-)

Yeah you are right about that. I hope this leads to a break through for you career wise.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

How old are you LA_Panther? I'll give you my story, maybe it will make you feel better. I worked for IBM from 1999 to late 2002, then got laid off during the aftermath of the tech bubble, working in IT. Had I not gotten laid off, I would have never landed at Microsoft, greatly futhering my carrer, which would be way better than where I would be at IBM. Life is a bitch but sometimes things just seem to work themselves out. Those were some rough times though; glad I have a savings now.

Posted · Report post

How old are you LA_Panther? I'll give you my story, maybe it will make you feel better. I worked for IBM from 1999 to late 2002, then got laid off during the aftermath of the tech bubble, working in IT. Had I not gotten laid off, I would have never landed at Microsoft, greatly futhering my carrer, which would be way better than where I would be at IBM. Life is a bitch but sometimes things just seem to work themselves out. Those were some rough times though; glad I have a savings now.

I am 35. I worked at IBM in Charlotte actually. I am talking 96/97 way back... assembly line stuff. My degree is along the lines of elearning, instructional design etc..., but the job I just lost was tech support(underemployed). Not the job I went to school for, but it was paying the rent :-) 

Posted · Report post

OKay here's the plan, Go through Vegas pick up a quick $200 by betting we win the coin toss. Next put all you savings on the Panthers less traveling expenses to game. After game drive back to Vegas and pick up winnings, Drive away immediately. Don't gamble away you stack.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

sorry man, enjoy the game. hope we get the W

Posted · Report post

the drive between san diego and phoenix is arguably one of the worst there is. 4 hours on I8 of sand and horizon. luckily theres hardly any cops and you can easily go 85 the whole way. passing the dunes in yuma is actually pretty cool also

1 person likes this