• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#46 wine-o and cheese-doodle

wine-o and cheese-doodle

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

OKay here's the plan, Go through Vegas pick up a quick $200 by betting we win the coin toss. Next put all you savings on the Panthers less traveling expenses to game. After game drive back to Vegas and pick up winnings, Drive away immediately. Don't gamble away you stack.

#47 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,194 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

sorry man, enjoy the game. hope we get the W

#48 KillaCamNewton

KillaCamNewton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

the drive between san diego and phoenix is arguably one of the worst there is. 4 hours on I8 of sand and horizon. luckily theres hardly any cops and you can easily go 85 the whole way. passing the dunes in yuma is actually pretty cool also

#49 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,549 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

I can tell you every good place to poop in the United States and eastern Canada. One exception is the Pacific Northwest. Haven't pooped up there too often.

#50 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,920 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:07 PM

I drove between San Diego and Texas a couple times, going through Arizona.  All I remember is it was a pretty straight shot, sped plenty, scenery was boring but it wasn't too bad.  Also, when I got out of the car in Arizona to poop at a rest stop my shoes started melting to the concrete before I got to the bathroom.

#51 PantherAZ

PantherAZ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

What is the drive from San Diego to Phoenix like? I've never been to AZ. Empty desert? Straight shot? Can I speed a little?

It's boring but easy. 5 hours and speed all you want. Take the 8 through Yuma and hop on (83 maybe?) in gila bend (stop speeding there). That will take you up to Goodyear/ Glendale.

#52 Monday Night Shyamalan

Monday Night Shyamalan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationHollyweird, CA

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

I am 35. I worked at IBM in Charlotte actually. I am talking 96/97 way back... assembly line stuff. My degree is along the lines of elearning, instructional design etc..., but the job I just lost was tech support(underemployed). Not the job I went to school for, but it was paying the rent :-) 

Ahhhh, being from LA and all, I thought maybe you worked in the entertainment industry, Paramount just laid a bunch of people off. Harsh world sometimes here in the City of Angels. Best of luck, I'll be at the SF game.

#53 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,841 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

What is the drive from San Diego to Phoenix like? I've never been to AZ. Empty desert? Straight shot? Can I speed a little?

Take the 8 east. You will pass through the horrible city of El Centro, do not stop there, even if you have to poop. Hold it. You will also pass through this terrible ghost town of Gilla Bend. It sucks more than Buffalo. Only speed traps will be right before Yuma, which is an atrocious town. Then you have more desert and dunes to look at while driving.

Word of advice, on the 8 slightly passed El Centro, there's this horrible mountain pass that you can easily die on. Everyone knows it pretty well and will speed on all the sketchy turns. Being your first time driving it, take caution and let the ass-holes wait behind you.

#54 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

Id love to go to each game home and away one season, essentially travel with the team.

If I win the lottery

#55 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

Ahhhh, being from LA and all, I thought maybe you worked in the entertainment industry, Paramount just laid a bunch of people off. Harsh world sometimes here in the City of Angels. Best of luck, I'll be at the SF game.

I'll be at the niners game too if we are making a playoff run

#56 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,603 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

Tough luck man.

There's nothing wrong with some soul-searching traveling. I did it with $12 in my pocket. I ended up working on a freighter ship and for three expedition crews, yet I got to see Antarctica, Dubai, Paris, South/Central-American jungles, Tokyo, etc along the way.

#57 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,616 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

I drove between San Diego and Texas a couple times, going through Arizona.  All I remember is it was a pretty straight shot, sped plenty, scenery was boring but it wasn't too bad.  Also, when I got out of the car in Arizona to poop at a rest stop my shoes started melting to the concrete before I got to the bathroom.

Gotta be VERY careful through there.  The road will HYP-NO-TIZE a man.  Drove over 2 hrs., don't remember any of it.

#58 GSO_Pantherz

GSO_Pantherz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:56 AM

Anyone that wants to meet PM me. I'mma try to follow my panthers around until I get a job.

The effects of Obamacare at work?

#59 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,132 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:12 AM

The effects of Obamacare at work?

On top of a $10 min wage that s going into effect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com