Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Healthcare

149 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits'

AAF: 30-year-old men face average premium hikes of 260%

A new study from the American Action Forum that looks at healthy 30-year-old men finds that underlying premiums for those individuals will increase by an average of 260 percent.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/10/03/enrollment-in-obamacares-federal-exchange-so-far-is-in-the-single-digits/

Posted · Report post

Hey, great.

The rates for my family go from $575 per month, a load already, to $1260 per month.

yeah, I am thrilled.

Apparantely, if you don't smoke and you exercise, don't take medicine for anything, then you get punished by getting to have your rates jacked up.

Hmmm, why does your car insurance go up or down based on your decisions to get DWI's, run stop signs, speed, etc., but your healthcare does not take into consideration any bad decisions? 

Oh, and by the way, my plan is not offered any longer.  I had a high decuctible plan where I paid all the drugs, doctor bills directly, but with a high deductible due to the fact that I excercise, eat right, don't smoke, blah, blah, blah.  I get to buy at a minimum, a plan 6 times as expensive.

President should have said, "if you can then afford the plan you are on now, you can keep it".  Thanks Obama.

Always wanted to say that last part.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I wonder why they are going up in NC and other GOP led states....why is it doing poorly there

Posted · Report post

Oh...

The mission of Goodwin’s department is to help people with insurance, but in this case it could do almost nothing. The General Assembly, in a fit of pique against the Affordable Care Act lawmakers deride as “Obamacare,” barred the state from any participation in the rollout of the historic effort to insure the nation’s 48 million uninsured. The Republican-led legislature and Republican Gov. Pat McCrory rejected billions of dollars in federal aid to expand Medicaid to about 500,000 low-income state residents. They also refused to set up a state-run marketplace to sell insurance to individuals. North Carolina left that job to the federal government.

Posted · Report post

So enjoy that stirs

Posted · Report post

So apparently my companies healthcare premiums are not changing until at least next year..we will see then.

Prayers sent to my fellow middle class Americans who are already getting fuged without lube.

Posted · Report post

Whether you think the Affordable Care Act is the right solution or a dangerous step toward tyranny, it’s hard to dispute that the U.S. health-care system is broken. More than 48 million people lack health insurance, and despite having the world’s highest levels of health-care spending per capita, the U.S. has some of the worst health outcomes among developed nations, lagging behind in key metrics like life expectancy, premature death rates, and death by treatable diseases, according to a July study in the Journal of the American Medicine Association.

... a July report from University of Washington researcher Chris Murray, found that inequality in women’s health outcomes steadily increased between 1985 and 2010, with female life expectancy stagnating or declining in 45 percent of U.S. counties. Taken together, the two studies underscore a disturbing trend: While advancements in medicine and technology have prolonged U.S. life expectancy and decreased premature deaths overall, women in parts of the country have been left behind, and in some cases, they are dying younger than they were a generation before. The worst part is no one knows why.

The Kindig study does note strong relationships between county mortality rates and several cultural and socioeconomic indicators. In particular, location appears to have an outsized effect on mortality rates. Counties with rising female mortality rates, marked in red, paint a broad stroke across Appalachia and the Cotton Belt, moving across to the Ozarks and the Great Plains. The Northeast and the Southwest, on the other hand, have been largely untouched.

“It's unprecedented in American history to see a drop in life expectancy of such magnitude over such a short time period,” said Jay Olshansky, the lead author of the study. “I don't know why it happened so rapidly among this subgroup. Something is different for the lives of poor people today that is worse than it was before.”

http://news.msn.com/science-technology/us-women-are-dying-younger-than-their-mothers-and-no-one-knows-why

Posted · Report post

As long as they aren't unborn children who the hell cares?

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

http://video.msnbc.m...219061#53219061

Watch the video...then watch the Jon Stewart questioning...and ask yourself how if it's the "law of the land" that the president can ipso facto change the law through the granting of waivers to big businesses.  With not a single vote in Congress to change this law.  Oh wait...that's right...didn't the law give far reaching powers to the HHS secretary so he/she can pick who can/cannot get waivers from Obamacare? 

How do you think that holds up under equal protection...but who cares right?  This law was written stupidly...and it's being implemented more stupidly. 

Posted · Report post

I know that you are just blindly chanting the Fox News meme but the reasons the employer mandate is delayed for some companies is related to technical and legal issues that do not pertain to the individual mandate.