Vaporware

#62 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,766 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

I know that you are just blindly chanting the Fox News meme but the reasons the employer mandate is delayed for some companies is related to technical and legal issues that do not pertain to the individual mandate.

At least there are no technical issues for the citizenry

#63 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,135 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

Not the kind of technical issues I was talking about but good news, the states that actually followed the recommended path and started their own state based exchanges are doing a lot better "technically" than the ones who want to pretend the ACA does not exist as much as possible. If you are displeased with the performance of the web sites perhaps you should tell your state government to stop being dicks about the whole thing.

#64 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

Increased demand...reducing supply.  Can Obama change economic theories too?

http://www.wtnh.com/...ited-healthcare

#65 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,442 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

Vaporware

Not sure how that is accurate. I watched a news story of an Obama campaigner in Chattanooga saying he signed up for healthcare on day 1. 

#66 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

Not sure how that is accurate. I watched a news story of an Obama campaigner in Chattanooga saying he signed up for healthcare on day 1. 

What's the name of that dude...

#67 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

Dont care about the politics just want a straight answer. I have looked all over the web and ask people at my workplace. no one could answer me. I could probably find the answer but a rough estimate will suffice.

If I have BCBS through my company. I pay 70 a month for a pretty good plan (Id guess based on past plans it would cost me 200 a month for a similar individual plan..28/M/never had any conditions or issues). The rest is covered by my company.

How much increase can I expect on my premium(rough percentage)?. Is my company forced to cover the increase or can they pass it on to employees if they choose?

I'm kinda in the same boat. But since our company has less than 50 employees my boss is going to drop the insurance plan all together. But my understanding is that if your employers plan is more than 9.5% of your annual income, then you qualify for Obamacare. Or you can just opt out for as long as you choose to pay the penalty-tax-fine. But if the employers plan is less than 9.5% then you have to legally stick with that plan.

#68 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,442 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

What's the name of that dude...

I don't know, he was just some kid. He wasn't really a campaigner as much as he was an unpaid intern type for Obama's re-election campaign.

#69 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

2 weeks now...

#70 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,766 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

Hmmmm.

Guess some folks here will soon become "disabled".  That is kinda how it works it seems.

http://www.usatoday....b-cuts/2947929/

#71 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,391 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

Hmmmm.

Guess some folks here will soon become "disabled".  That is kinda how it works it seems.

http://www.usatoday....b-cuts/2947929/

The article indicates it is a short term and short sighted move by some states, thanks in large part to rejecting the ACA:

The new health care law was supposed to ease the burden on hospitals by expanding Medicaid coverage to more low-income Americans, who often use hospital services in emergencies, then don't pay their bills. But 26 states, including Tennessee, rejected the ACA's offer of federal funding to expand Medicaid. That decision led to about a third of the job cuts by Nashville-based Vanderbilt, Howser says.

Still, J.P. Fingado, CEO of API Healthcare, a consulting firm for hospitals, says the layoffs are shortsighted because the providers likely will have to add staff as soon as next year to handle increased patient volumes resulting from the health care law

"The cuts are a particularly short-term reaction," he says.

#72 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,766 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

If the ACA, etc., pays as well as Medicaire/Medicaid, then there will be budget issues for hospitals to deal with.  Not sure they will all be called back.

#73 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,135 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

Holy cow you admit that the ACA is going to actually lower the costs of health care, that's a start

#74 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,766 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

Well, it depends on what you mean by costs.  When I get a bill for something and I only pay 40% of it, I normally don't get to claim that I "lowered" my cost.

Government though, has a little different take on this kind of thing.

#75 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,135 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

A short look at the current statistics of health care around the world shows that that 60 percent is mostly overcharging. Right on target there stirs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com