Photo
- - - - -

Panther Nation! Want to help some fellow fans/ soldiers out?

Best Answer Kurb, 02 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

We can do this a couple diff ways.

Everyone can send individual things OR I can collect things at a tailgate or some such and send a big Huddle Care package.

You kids decide.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#46 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

Myself and about six other panther fans in my unit are horribly surrounded by crappy cowboy and steelers fans. Kurb suggested that We could use a Panther/ huddle related care package to help us support the worlds greatest team! And I thought it was a great idea! Unfortunately, we are moving barracks tomorrow and I don't have our new barracks address! But I will post it ASAP. If you could help out your fellow North Carolinians in our endeavor to continue to cheer for our team, we would be eternally grateful! GO PANTHERS! BEAT ARIZONA!
Thanks for the idea kurb!

PM me when u get a chance. I've been over there on 4 different occasions for no less than 8.5 months a pop. From Baf to Kaf to Bastion and beyond. I bounced around a lot putting in Internet and voips at every fire base that was built before '10

If u let me know which one you're at or just give me your "RC" I will know what to send and what you need. Smirnoff makes plastic bottles (perfect for shipping...Trust Me) of triple distilled vodka that goes great with the cranberry juices from the DFAC. You also said that you're moving barracks, so I'm gonna assume that u are at a more established base and that your barracks are hard structure.

Anyways man... I can talk for days about that place... The crazy part is that I kind of miss being over there.

I will keep ALL of you guys in prayer. I hope your entire BDE/BN/CO stays blessed for the duration of your trip.

And as always... "Don't try and be a hero"

#47 P.I.A

P.I.A

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • LocationRotting slowly in Afghanistan

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:30 PM

No, its not free.

It is free for PiA to send letters (not packages) from APO* to the US.
but everything going to APO is still normal post. even APO to APO packages aren't free anymore.

Also it has to be under 50 lbs.

*only applies to combat zone APO addresses

There's our answer! Thanks !!

#48 P.I.A

P.I.A

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

PM me when u get a chance. I've been over there on 4 different occasions for no less than 8.5 months a pop. From Baf to Kaf to Bastion and beyond. I bounced around a lot putting in Internet and voips at every fire base that was built before '10

If u let me know which one you're at or just give me your "RC" I will know what to send and what you need. Smirnoff makes plastic bottles (perfect for shipping...Trust Me) of triple distilled vodka that goes great with the cranberry juices from the DFAC. You also said that you're moving barracks, so I'm gonna assume that u are at a more established base and that your barracks are hard structure.

Anyways man... I can talk for days about that place... The crazy part is that I kind of miss being over there.

I will keep ALL of you guys in prayer. I hope your entire BDE/BN/CO stays blessed for the duration of your trip.

And as always... "Don't try and be a hero"

I'll pm you tommorow after we move into our new establishment. Thanks for the info! I'll definitely stay in touch with someone as knowledgeable as yourself!!!

#49 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

About 15 bucks for a 12X12X6 APO Flat Rate box.

https://store.usps.c...catMSS_FlatRate

#50 P.I.A

P.I.A

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:36 PM

About 15 bucks for a 12X12X6 APO Flat Rate box.

https://store.usps.c...catMSS_FlatRate

Boom! More freakin good info! Thanks!!! This'll help a lot of people including myself!!!

#51 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,158 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

I am in Kuwait and some of the shops here have everybody but Carolina so I feel the grief.  Carolina never really receives much love from the exchanges either.  Iraq and Afghanistan were very similar so I know the OP feelings.

If you have ever received a care package you will know it is a great feeling to open it and see what's inside.

If it has anything to do with the Carolina Panthers.  PUT IT IN THERE.  

#52 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,494 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:05 AM

I remember one of the DFACs in Iraq (can't remember where, probably Balad) had a William Floyd and a Dwight Stone jersey hanging on the wall.

#53 panfan32

panfan32

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, North Carolina

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

That would be freakin sweet. You in Bragg?

I am. A form Division paratrooper... and I work with the PDTE contract formally the LBE contract as well.  But Im sure you know about that if you were stationed here.

#54 pdub0702

pdub0702

pdub0702

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationSouthern Pines, NC

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

I am. A form Division paratrooper... and I work with the PDTE contract formally the LBE contract as well.  But Im sure you know about that if you were stationed here.

Are there any "Huddle" or Panther Fan groups around Fayetteville? Since I've been here I haven't found any...however, I find solace knowing Charlotte is just 2 hours from here.

#55 89 Bottom Line

89 Bottom Line

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

Im currently stationed in Afghanistan and with a California National Guard Unit.  I went to panthers.com and sent them an email in the contacts link and they sent me a nike panthers shirt, and acu panthers cap, a poster of the top cats, some lanyards and a military coin. It definitely made this shitty desert better for one day.

#56 PntherPryd

PntherPryd

Relic

• Moderators
  • 1,772 posts
  • LocationWilmington

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

We should do "Adopt a Huddle Soldier" instead of "Adopt a Panther" to organize and spread out the goodies.  Sounds like panthers dot com might help also.

#57 P.I.A

P.I.A

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

Y'all are frickin genius.

#58 panfan32

panfan32

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, North Carolina

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

Are there any "Huddle" or Panther Fan groups around Fayetteville? Since I've been here I haven't found any...however, I find solace knowing Charlotte is just 2 hours from here.

Not that I'm aware of. I use to go to the home games, but now I just sit at home make some homemade Wings or nachos for me and my boys and watch the game. By the time you buy the tickets, driver to the game, pay for parking, pay for food and other items, I was spending $400.00 and up home game. To much for me so i sit at home now.

I can say its not the same without my oldest son who in now in AIT at Fort Sam Houston for Combat Medic school. He's the only other person in the family that's as passionate about the Panthers as i am.

#59 pdub0702

pdub0702

pdub0702

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationSouthern Pines, NC

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:10 AM

Not that Im aware of. I use to go to the home games, but know i just sit at home make some homemade Wings or nachos for me and my boys and watch the game. By the time you buy the tickets, driver to the game, pay for parking, pay for food and other items, I was spending $400.00 and up home game. To much for me so i sit at home now.

I can say its not the same without my oldest son who in now in AIT at Fort Sam Houston for Combat Medic school. He's the only other person in the family that's as passionate about the Panthers as i am.

Even though I live about 2 hours away (and do enjoy the game atmosphere) it costs a lot for me to drive out there and enjoy the game. I was hoping that there was a place like-minded Carolina Panther fans convene to join the game. When I went to Buffio Wild Wings in Fayetteville last year for the  Falcons-Panthers, I was absolutely shock to see about 3 other Panther fans in the entire place.

#60 P.I.A

P.I.A

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:06 PM

Anyone who wants the addy, I've got it, just PM me! Thanks!'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.