#51 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

Fight this.  Make them bring legal action on you.  Most likely, they won't.   If you had the puppy before you was notified/handed the new covenants than I think you're ok.  Even then, it's possible they didn't even get the covenants done "officially".  A lot of times they'll just change stuff in a meeting but I think you need to get an attorney and whatnot to sign the new changes in, not sure.  

#52 Crixtala

Crixtala

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

i hate HOA's with a passion

almost every time I've ever spoke with someone (including my sister-in-law and brother-in-law) who have had run ins with their HOA's, legal advice has pretty much told them that HOA's actually have zero legal action available to them.  by-laws are basically suggestions and not something they can actually follow-up on

do you have any friends that are lawyers?  friend of a friend?  hell, someone on here...? like others have said, have them (the lawyer) write up a nice little letter to the HOA on your behalf pretty much asking for more information on their by laws, what action they would take if you don't meet their "requirments" and imply that you're willing to dig further with legal assistance if necessary

nobody wants to deal with lawyers and even if your HOA states that they'd pass legal action expenses down to the HOA payers, that would bring more scrutiny from the neighborhood on the HOA than you.  you're being bullied right now and the HOA is hoping that you'll just back down and do as they ask.  they know that most people won't look into all their options and just give up to their demands.  that doesn't mean you have to... as a puppy lover myself, i'd do anything in my power to NOT have to get rid of a family member

#53 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,148 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:16 AM

Dog racism.

#54 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,664 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

What Crixtala said, Arsen.

Please don't give up on your pup, your decision could very well be the life or death of the little girl. I'd go get a canine DNA test (a lot of pet stores now sell them), they provide a postage paid envelope to mail in the swab, they email the results 3-6 weeks later. We did one on our pup when we got him a couple years ago. We were told he was a Rottie, but he has a blue eye and a brown eye, so we were curious... his 4 grandparents were a Rottie and Husky on one side and Doberman and St. Bernard on the other.

Anyway, anything I can do to help.....

#55 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,835 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

Thanks guys. It looks like my coworker will adopt her. She has 3 little kids that are begging for a dog. My pup would be a perfect fit in her family plus I'll get to see her often. They'll be coming on Sunday to interact and likely pick her up. As much as I'd like to keep her, I live in a small neighborhood (only 30 houses) and I really don't want to make enemies.

#56 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,364 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

Thanks guys. It looks like my coworker will adopt her. She has 3 little kids that are begging for a dog. My pup would be a perfect fit in her family plus I'll get to see her often. They'll be coming on Sunday to interact and likely pick her up. As much as I'd like to keep her, I live in a small neighborhood (only 30 houses) and I really don't want to make enemies.

Bad as I hate to say it, you are probably going about this the right way.

I don't think that the HOA would do anything in the end, but you have to live beside/with these people for a long time.

Good luck.

#57 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,497 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

glad she found a good home and you can keep tabs on the pup.  kids will love her.  

you may very well be aware, but it'll be important for your coworker to socialize the dog early on and get familiar with strangers.  

#58 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

.having a small penis is also genetic.

Bet you would know all about that wouldn't you?

#59 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

To repay your neighbors you should probably go buy 10-20 chickens/roosters and build a pen behind your house for them.

#60 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,959 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

Bet you would know all about that wouldn't you?

oh no...you found the kryptonite to small penis jokes.....reversing them on user

noooooooooooooooooooooooo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com