Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Barner's Impact Against Arizona

77 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Havent seen anything yet from him.

Posted · Report post

I doubt Barner runs a lot , seeing as how he's been injured for the past four or so weeks. Still needs to get into game shape.

Posted · Report post

First. Rivera said that DWill was a little winded at the end of the Giants game. So I see Barner getting a few carries, especially in the second half. Unless he implodes, he should get a few touches.

Second. Rivera is excited about Barner. That should get him on the field as well. And Barner has stated that Tolbert showed him the way to pick up a blitz. Barner took to it like a Duck to water. Ouch.

Lastly. Barner is going to get touches. The number and when they come is the only debate. If he does well, he will continue to get touches. If he stumbles, the touches will remain low.

Personally, I am excited to see what the kid can do.

Posted · Report post

You don't get touches until you can prove those touches won't touch the ground. Barner got hurt before he could do that. RR remembers the preseason even if a bunch here don't. Let him WORK his way back into the lineup.

Posted · Report post

As conservative as RR is....I would be surprised if he saw a lot of work. I think he is concerned with the time off and will be worried if he knows all the assignments with such a long gap since camp.

I think he plays and I believe he plays alot...

Posted · Report post

I think he would be nice in some read options play or a sweep play to the edge, but before we do that we have to get our ground and pound running game going first, to put the offense in rhythm.

Posted · Report post

rivera wants a scat back. he's wanted one since he got here.

barner will be used.

Posted · Report post

Ten bucks says Shula runs him between the tackles on third down. Guy should clearly be in the slot.

Posted · Report post

Cam Newton throws horrible screens....I don't blame Shula.

Plus, they talked about it in NFL Sirius yesterday about how those WR screens shouldn't be used like they were a few short years ago.....so heavily used in the league DBs blow them up at much higher rates now

Dwill is the main culprit on blown screens. He was never good at them even when Delhomme was QB. Yet Newton does need to take some juice off them as well. Screen will pick up if stew ever recovers.

Posted · Report post

I agree with those that say Barner gets eased back in and only sees a few touches. I also see us running the ball quite a bit.  Arizona has not seen a top 15 running attack or a mobile quarterback.  I don't think they can stop Ginn either.  Sure double Smitty and Ginn burns you deep.  Go after Ginn deep and Smitty kills you over the middle and on intermediate routes.  Olsen should have a field day.  Sure Washington is back but this is his first game back, lets see if he is in football shape given you can't have that many padded practices these days.

I may be overly optimistic but honestly I have a good feeling this game.  We may start off slow but I think we are ahead at half like we have been all year.  Only this time Palmer isn't Manuel or Wilson.  He is going to be more like Eli.  

Posted · Report post

I agree with those that say Barner gets eased back in and only sees a few touches. I also see us running the ball quite a bit.  Arizona has not seen a top 15 running attack or a mobile quarterback.  I don't think they can stop Ginn either.  Sure double Smitty and Ginn burns you deep.  Go after Ginn deep and Smitty kills you over the middle and on intermediate routes.  Olsen should have a field day.  Sure Washington is back but this is his first game back, lets see if he is in football shape given you can't have that many padded practices these days.

I may be overly optimistic but honestly I have a good feeling this game.  We may start off slow but I think we are ahead at half like we have been all year.  Only this time Palmer isn't Manuel or Wilson.  He is going to be more like Eli.  

I would say Palmer is far less mobile than Eli. Our Dline should have another career day. I agree on Ginn and Smitty. However, I don't see anybody in their secondary that can keep up with Ginn on a deep route.

Posted · Report post

After watching Sproles rack up 2 td's and over 100 yards in the FIRST HALF Monday night, I couldn't help but think about the possibilities with Barner.

That said, we still have the Shula-meister running the show, so who knows.

Thought the exact same thing