Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seltzer

Barner's Impact Against Arizona

77 posts in this topic

Wouldn't it be the best thing if the Panthers WERE GOING TO PLAY BARNER, is keep him a secret, so he's not planned for by Arizona?? So I'm not surprised that Rivera would talk that way.

FYI: 6-12 snaps would certainly be enough (and called a nice surprise) for a rookie that hasn't started all season.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did play a bit, if he's been practicing since last week. The Panthers need to realize their fortunes are built on their offense (especially in today's NFL). Not Rivera's misguided love for a defense that can never seem to hold late game leads, that even most bad defenses appear to do all the time. So the more the merrier (especially for a team that's not game planning for him). Why not?

FYI: I'm aware 6-12 snaps would be a lot but they won't be specialty situations. He will simply be spelling Dwill and be pulled again.

I'm strictly talking defense.....and their D is legit. There offense of course impacts there D. But fans are glossing over how good their D is on its own.

In NO, there D held NO to 17 pts with crappy offensive play. D got worn down and ultimately couldn't hold up.....but you can say that about us or any other good D.

I wasn't a doom and gloomer, I was one the few here confidently picking us to beat the Giants. Started a thread on it. That is your standard practice of just making up views and putting them on someone to aid your rants. I predicted a win last week and an ugly one this week. Field position game...and turnovers being a big part of that game.

I have predicted a win this week. I just can acknowledge AZ is built to take our run away (which is exaggerated in terms of how good it is to begin with based on who we have played and when our yards came to date)

We'll see if you think their D is legit after DeAngelo put up 100 yards on them. After that happens, you'll pick holes in their D.

I'm not ready to see him until we have a big lead, the fumbling scares me.

Barner will spell DWill when DWill wants a breather. If Barner plays well in those spots he will garner more touches. Play well, the touches increase. Play badly, which I don't expect, and the touches decrease.

We have plans for Barner. The only way those plans do not reach fruition is if he falters. I just don't see that happening. He has done everything they have asked him to do. Oh, and Tolbert showed him how to attack a blitzer, and not wait for the guy to get to him. He picked it up in a heartbeat. The kid knows football, and is very teachable. He gots this.

Their D is decent at best. We have an Offense that will wear them out. I have every confidence we will be 2-2 at weeks end.

Watch him run the ball of the gut 4 times for six yards, and the huddle complaining on monday. 

<Didn't Barner say, "Give me 18 inches of daylight that's all I need"?

I think it was him.>

Personally, I think Barner was a Louisiana Purchase type steal.  Over 2,000 yards offense in one year of D1 college football doesn't happen by accident.  The man averaged over 6 yards per carry and 11 yards per reception for his career at Oregon.

Kids got it, we all gonna be witnesses.

<Didn't Barner say, "Give me 18 inches of daylight that's all I need"?

I think it was him.>

Personally, I think Barner was a Louisiana Purchase type steal. Over 2,000 yards offense in one year of D1 college football doesn't happen by accident. The man averaged over 6 yards per carry and 11 yards per reception for his career at Oregon.

Kids got it, we all gonna be witnesses.

Personally, I believe expectations are way too high. I know lamichael James was a superior talent at Oregon and he has yet to meet expectations in Frisco as a change of pace guy. He was a 6th round pick for a reason. I have yet to see him perform so I can't wait to see what all the hype is about. Because there are people making him out to be a real difference maker. We'll see. Looking at him and some of his highlights at Oregon he reminds me of Goodson, who had the same amount of hype coming in. Ron Rivera seems to be excited, so maybe there is more to him than that. Looking forward to seeing him in action Sunday.

Personally, I believe expectations are way too high. I know lamichael James was a superior talent at Oregon and he has yet to meet expectations in Frisco as a change of pace guy. He was a 6th round pick for a reason. I have yet to see him perform so I can't wait to see what all the hype is about. Because there are people making him out to be a real difference maker. We'll see. Looking at him and some of his highlights at Oregon he reminds me of Goodson, who had the same amount of hype coming in. Ron Rivera seems to be excited, so maybe there is more to him than that. Looking forward to seeing him in action Sunday.

We shall see.  I respect your opinion tjm.

Maybe after Sunday, we will have more to go on.

Please note:  Sentence #3 ended in a preposition.