Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yahoo Cards and Panthers preview

53 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Taking it back to Guants game before i talk about this week:
All I know is this... When we went into the locker room with the lead against the Giants I was terrified. I thought that Eli would come out and sling it everywhere on us and our battered secondary. Then we started actually getting calls that were favorable to us. We got the calls that usually kill us, the calls that ou know are coming (like the PI that costed us against Buffalo) the ones that at this point you just laugh because we'll find a way to lose. Against the Guants it was different, and consistent. It's almost as if the Football Gods shined upon us. It seems like we definitely turned the corner. The Giants aren't as bad as advertised. They've played some tough Defenses.

On to this week:
I think that this entire fan base is apprehensive to see what we will do, and how the team responds after a blowout and subsequent bye week. While it seems that we should blow out Arizona we all just want the W. we know that they have a pro bowl LB coming back this week that instantly changes that defense. They have PP and Honey Badger lurking in the secondary waiting on an errant Newton pass. We all know the bottom line here is that we have to keep it up. I've seen many people here saying we can easily go from 0-2 to 5-2. Arizona is no gimme. Neither will the Vikings be after their bye week. Our defense must play better and better every single week. We can't be happy with last week, we need to want 10 sacks instead of 7... Our offense has to hit on all cylinders. We must stay healthy.

I'm not one of those this is a "must win" type of guys any any means, nor am. One of those "this is a trap game" dudes either. I think the team is focused. 1 game at a time, we have to keep pounding.

In my mind we have already GIVEN 2 wins away.... We can't give anymore away. Our time is now... We must cease it!
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Define starters. When our back ups play better than our starters, I begin to question work ethic. I also begin to question methods of evaluation. I then question myself and ask how I could possibly know more than the coaches. The answer is that I don't.

Any person who watched the Bills game saw the reads DJ Moore was able to make, including the jump on the slant route where he was pulled around the neck and then him calling the Bills final play( Norman did his best ATL impression and it cost us)

Mitchell called the play that allowed Melvin white to make the pick.(Norman wouldn't have heard him: see Buffalo) Thomas was our biggest loss as Stevie absolutely broke the game open again Munny and Norman. Mikell has experience and is in the vicinity it's of every run play.

My STARTERS are White, Thomas, Mitchell, and Mikell. DJ Moore, Captain, and Florence can duke it out for the nickel position.

Do this, we win. I believe these guys have a raport that cannot be duplicated, especially if Norman is in anything but street clothes. Andre Roberts will eat him alive and don't even start me on Fitz.

Posted · Report post

Taking it back to Guants game before i talk about this week:
All I know is this... When we went into the locker room with the lead against the Giants I was terrified. I thought that Eli would come out and sling it everywhere on us and our battered secondary. Then we started actually getting calls that were favorable to us. We got the calls that usually kill us, the calls that ou know are coming (like the PI that costed us against Buffalo) the ones that at this point you just laugh because we'll find a way to lose. Against the Guants it was different, and consistent. It's almost as if the Football Gods shined upon us. It seems like we definitely turned the corner. The Giants aren't as bad as advertised. They've played some tough Defenses.

On to this week:
I think that this entire fan base is apprehensive to see what we will do, and how the team responds after a blowout and subsequent bye week. While it seems that we should blow out Arizona we all just want the W. we know that they have a pro bowl LB coming back this week that instantly changes that defense. They have PP and Honey Badger lurking in the secondary waiting on an errant Newton pass. We all know the bottom line here is that we have to keep it up. I've seen many people here saying we can easily go from 0-2 to 5-2. Arizona is no gimme. Neither will the Vikings be after their bye week. Our defense must play better and better every single week. We can't be happy with last week, we need to want 10 sacks instead of 7... Our offense has to hit on all cylinders. We must stay healthy.

I'm not one of those this is a "must win" type of guys any any means, nor am. One of those "this is a trap game" dudes either. I think the team is focused. 1 game at a time, we have to keep pounding.

In my mind we have already GIVEN 2 wins away.... We can't give anymore away. Our time is now... We must cease it!

I can agree we gave one win away. There's no guarantee we win the Seattle game if we score there.

Number two, I completely agree about the 5-2 biz. That ish has no place him here until we can prove we have the ability to win 2 in a row before week 11. I'm fine with optimism sprinkled throughout the huddle, but threads saying 5-2 just undermine anyone's credibility given our history.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Cam needs to do what it do

Posted · Report post

They can be a bit one dimensional with the lack of a strong running game. So our dline has chance to have another big week going up against a team with multiple offensive line issues.

They have some solid players on defense but we would hope to get them playing on their heels with a solid rushing effort. DWill Cam and Tolbert have to get things clicking then we can start looking for Olsen and Ginn. I think Smitty is ready for the challenge of going up against an emerging super talent in Peterson, but I honestly hope we stay away from him.

We are the better team and should win.

Posted · Report post

Like others, I'm not convinced that Ron can win in crunch time.  However, I do believe we can blow this team up and win big.  

Posted · Report post

Like others, I'm not convinced that Ron can win in crunch time. However, I do believe we can blow this team up and win big.

Not sure our players can either.... I think people put all of on Ron but guys need to start making plays late in tight games
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

On another note, remember when we would come out at halftime and not score again until late in the 4th? We came out of the half in the Giants game, drove right down the field, scored again. . .and again. . .and again.

Posted · Report post

battered spouse thread

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

If this game was in Carolina I'd be far more confident in a Panthers win.  Arizona does have a good defense so I expect a defensive battle with the score close in the 4th quarter.  And if the score is close, we all know Carolina will crumble at the end.  There's no reason to believe the Panthers can win close games so my money is going on Arizona.  

Posted · Report post

Not sure our players can either.... I think people put all of on Ron but guys need to start making plays late in tight games

Ron mentioned that you have to score points against a team like the giants in one of his pressers.  It didn't sit well, because he should feel that way against every team.  Why not put the game away early?  We have the potential to do so.  It seems like he always finds an excuse because the defense gets tired in the fourth quarter.  It's almost like he doesn't understand that scoring points early will help his d out more than anything else.  Maybe he's turned the corner?

Posted · Report post

Personally, if you can look at the Cards and see a team that can beat us. Your football acumen is less than it should be.

Offense goes to us by a wide margin. Defense goes to us as well. We win. Just that simple.

Also, quit with the "I don't trust this team" crap. "This team" is ready to be a good football team. "This team" is playing good football. "This team" is not your daddy's team. "This team is on the verge of something special.

It is my experience that frowning is easier than smiling. Smile and the world smiles with you. Frown and the world will avoid you.

I am not here to convince any one. Cuz then all the amusing negative Debbie's would go away. And that would just be sad.

If you cannot see the bright future the rest of us see...oh well.