Yahoo Cards and Panthers preview

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,966 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

Like others, I'm not convinced that Ron can win in crunch time. However, I do believe we can blow this team up and win big.

Not sure our players can either.... I think people put all of on Ron but guys need to start making plays late in tight games

#32 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,315 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

On another note, remember when we would come out at halftime and not score again until late in the 4th? We came out of the half in the Giants game, drove right down the field, scored again. . .and again. . .and again.

#33 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,954 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

battered spouse thread

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#34 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:38 AM

If this game was in Carolina I'd be far more confident in a Panthers win.  Arizona does have a good defense so I expect a defensive battle with the score close in the 4th quarter.  And if the score is close, we all know Carolina will crumble at the end.  There's no reason to believe the Panthers can win close games so my money is going on Arizona.  

#35 Phil

Phil

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,752 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

Not sure our players can either.... I think people put all of on Ron but guys need to start making plays late in tight games

Ron mentioned that you have to score points against a team like the giants in one of his pressers.  It didn't sit well, because he should feel that way against every team.  Why not put the game away early?  We have the potential to do so.  It seems like he always finds an excuse because the defense gets tired in the fourth quarter.  It's almost like he doesn't understand that scoring points early will help his d out more than anything else.  Maybe he's turned the corner?

#36 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,566 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

Personally, if you can look at the Cards and see a team that can beat us. Your football acumen is less than it should be.

Offense goes to us by a wide margin. Defense goes to us as well. We win. Just that simple.

Also, quit with the "I don't trust this team" crap. "This team" is ready to be a good football team. "This team" is playing good football. "This team" is not your daddy's team. "This team is on the verge of something special.

It is my experience that frowning is easier than smiling. Smile and the world smiles with you. Frown and the world will avoid you.

I am not here to convince any one. Cuz then all the amusing negative Debbie's would go away. And that would just be sad.

If you cannot see the bright future the rest of us see...oh well.

#37 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

I'll say this, if Palmer comes out and balls on us then I will have the utmost respect for him. He took some serious punishment in that Oaky game. If his nerves arent on high right now after watching that Giants tape then he's not fuggin human.

Caron Palmer is very . . very. .  worried.

and yeah PP7 looks good trailin 89 in to the endzone. He was one of many to get "Welcomed" to the NFL by Smitty. You think he's thinking about that? Lets see how much he's learned.

#38 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,896 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

Personally, if you can look at the Cards and see a team that can beat us. Your football acumen is less than it should be.

Of course they can beat us

#39 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,566 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

Of course they can beat us

Oh yea, that ol' any given Sunday thing. Sure they can beat us.

That does not mean they will, or should, or anything like that.

We are the better team. Nay, we are a good team. The Cards? Not so much.

Let go of that fear. Or don't. Either way, the future is bright.

#40 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

I'm fine with the pessimism. We have no reason to trust this team, plus I was as pessimistic as the next guy going in to the Giants game and look how it turned out...maybe this will be my new superstition! Here's to hoping this team will give a performance worth cheering for, I know I'll be cheering like everyone else will, no matter how pissed we are at the history.

#41 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,939 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

Well they obviously can beat us, well see though, this team has taught me to not get my hopes up because they always seem to let me down. We're in prime position right now with the easiest stretch of our schedule

#42 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:26 AM

The bye week was a momentum killer. While many fans focus on the fact we cant win close games, we also a team that doesnt handle success well. This game will be ugly.

Thanks for responding with a glass half empty mindset. It's funny that no one else is seeing it that way.

#43 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,896 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

Thanks for responding with a glass half empty mindset. It's funny that no one else is seeing it that way.

Lot's of people are. This is the kind of game we haven't been able to close out early in the season. And the cards are not a bad team.

#44 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,896 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

You obviously haven't been paying attention since 2008

#45 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,966 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

We lost to the Bills....we need to prove we are a good team first.

Cards best win is better than ours so far

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com