#1 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,713 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:52 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

That is, perhaps, until now.

In Carolina, Ginn has found a quarterback and a system that is not afraid to go vertical to him. Cam Newton may be the biggest difference maker for Ginn at this point in his career.

Ginn says so himself...

"A guy like Cam, he has a big arm and he's not scared of the speed. You get a guy who doesn't have a big arm sometimes and after you get two steps on a guy, he is scared he might under throw you and the defensive back might pick it off."

Ginn currently has a pair of 40+ yard touchdowns from Cam Newton.This week against the Arizona Cardinals, Ginn has a chance to further cement his place as a legitimate NFL threat.

Cardinals shutdown cornerback Patrick Peterson will cover Steve Smith for most of the game. If the Panthers plan on putting up points against their highly ranked rushing defense, they will need another receiver to step up and make plays. With Brandon Lafell being more of a possession type receiver, it will be up to Ginn to stretch the field. Just a single big play of 20 yards or more will help keep the Arizona defense honest and open up the passing lanes for Olsen and Lafell to cash in on. I believe he is up to the task.

This Sunday Ted Ginn can tell the rest of the league that his career is just beginning.

Click here to view the article

#2 trev230

trev230

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:01 AM

Great point. The more they connect, the more completions they make, the confidence and deep threat just builds and builds. Cam's last post game presser he mentioned "he thought he overthrew him". That made me think for a minute. Crazy that Ginn is that fast.

#3 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:08 AM

Ginn has been a big surprise this year as a WR. Kudos to him. Keep throwing him bombs.

#4 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,112 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:43 AM

Ginn is going to have a break out season.  He leads all our receivers with a ridiculous 20 yards a catch and 2 TDs on only 7 catches.  He has as many yards as Smitty (143) on 1/2 of the catches (14 versus 7).  6 of his 7 catches have gone for 1st downs.  Frankly I want to see him get even more catches going forward. A guy this fast and elusive needs to get as many touches as possible.

#5 Guest_Spider Monkey_*

Guest_Spider Monkey_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

I'm just waiting for a team to roll the FS to Ginn's side and see vintage Steve blow by man coverage on the other side.

#6 Seltzer

Seltzer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationLKN

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:48 AM

I think Smitty, LaFell, and Ginn comprise a better 3 receiver set than we have in a long time.  Ginn definitely adds another dimension to the offense and ST.  If this continues, I do hope the Panthers can keep him after this year.  He seems to be happy here.

#7 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts
  • LocationKitchen

#8 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,713 posts

I'm just waiting for a team to roll the FS to Ginn's side and see vintage Steve blow by man coverage on the other side.

I'm not 100% sure Steve still has the speed to do that.

#9 Seltzer

Seltzer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationLKN

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:52 AM

Just a matter of time before he gets one of these here too

#10 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:53 AM

*smitty reads, adds Zod to the list...

#11 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:56 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

I like the Berman-style nickname. My Berman nickname for Ginn was "one mo' " . Yours is more appropriate. Others for the team include;
Colin "Old King" Cole
James "Hickory Dickery" Dockery
Jordan "Living in" Senn
AJ "Calvin" Klein
Robert "Mo" Lester
Melvin "is not" White
Sionne "I suck at football and should have stayed cut" Fua.

#12 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,713 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

Steve "cross me and I will fuggin end you right here right now you pussy" Smith

#13 Phil

Phil

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

So you're saying cam, our qb, is getting the best out of receivers and making them play better? This I like. I love cam.

#14 Guest_Spider Monkey_*

Guest_Spider Monkey_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:14 AM

He's a savvy veteran. While he isn't nearly as explosive, he is still fast. I doubt he can just sprint past a defender now, but he's still fast enough that they won't catch him if he jukes them at the line and gets a step behind coverage.

Watching Ginn is crazy, though. He will be stride for stride with the defender 20 yards downfield, then once the ball is in the air and coming down he hits overdrive and blows by them like they're tied to a tree.

PS, where is my picture.

#15 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:14 AM

Byron "Ring my" Bell.
If anyone can come up with a good one for Star or Luke, I'll give you a dollar.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, NFL, Arizona Cardinals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.