Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ted "Born A" Ginn

64 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Luke "I am your father" Kuechly

"Wish upon a" Star Lotulelei

I'll take that dollar

Valiant effort, however, the Berman nickname utilizes the last name. No dollar for you.

Posted · Report post

I won't say it's a fluke, because dude is fast, but 7 catches over 3 games isn't all that much to get excited about. The fact that we haven't been moving the chains effectively enough with Steve, Brandon, and Greg is a problem. Ginn is good for a surprise deep route every game, and to his credit Cam has been delivering the ball on time for the most part, but if he gets too predictable on those routes we lose that weapon too because Ginn simply can't make tough catches in traffic or over dudes. Better teams aren't going to let Ginn do this all season especially with our other guys underperforming and dropping catchable passes.

Remember that time Armanti Edwards was supposed to break out this season too? Damn.

Posted · Report post

Cam and Ginn are still trying to get their timing down too. I think Ginn will get even better as the season goes on.

Posted · Report post

Ginn runs about 60% of the route tree, all vertical routes and the comebacks for the most part.  He simply was not a good fit with Smith and Moore/Henne before that--the system was part of it, the QB's arm strength was the other.  Ginn should never be a #2 because he does not run all of the routes.  However, he is awesome as the third or fourth WR.

Posted · Report post

Luke "Kick your ass weekly" Kuechly

Star "Keeping it on the 3rd Down" Lotulelei

Star "Han So" Lotulelei

Is all I got.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

He is exactly what we were needing all along...  We have our #2 receiver, aside from Olsen.

and I'm somewhat surprised (ok, not really) by this 2nd page of posters claiming Ginn can't run routes or making excuses..  You OBVIOUSLY have missed out.  And Ginn only has 7 catches because Cam missed out quite often when Ginn was running solid routes and getting wide open on the other 40% of the route tree you claim he didn't run. 

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

camgin1.gif

ginn.gif

db91bn.gif

804957015.gif?1377958391

ginnreturn3.gif?w=640

7 people like this

Posted · Report post

i'm going to die laughing if he ends the year with close to or around 1k yards and 6-8 tds.

all on a 1 year 1 mill contract for a guy that was given up on teams because they didn't have a qb  that can take advantage of his speed (arm strength).

What a steal if that happens.

Posted · Report post

But. . .but. . .Kaepernick is better? Harbaugh surely wouldn't let a speedy wideout get away when his team would desperately need one to take pressure off Boldin after Crabtree went down, right?

I'm sure if it were up to the coach they would keep as many weapons in the arsenal as they possibly can but GM's have to make decisions about who to keep around. 

Crabtree tore his Achilles two months after Ginn signed with the Panthers.

Posted · Report post

I like the Berman-style nickname. My Berman nickname for Ginn was "one mo' " . Yours is more appropriate. Others for the team include;

Sionne "I suck at football and should have remained an" Ufa.

fixed

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Keek the Freak

Death Star

Posted · Report post

I'm sure if it were up to the coach they would keep as many weapons in the arsenal as they possibly can but GM's have to make decisions about who to keep around.

Crabtree tore his Achilles two months after Ginn signed with the Panthers.

Ginn was cheap. They didn't want him, or use him (which is on the coach, not the GM.)