63 replies to this topic

#16 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,185 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:16 AM

With Smith being covered short and Ginn long, Olsen should have the middle of the field to himself

#17 Clicheking

Clicheking

Mack of the year

• HUDDLER
  • 2,875 posts
  • Location910

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:47 AM

Luke "I am your father" Kuechly

"Wish upon a" Star Lotulelei

I'll take that dollar

#18 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,070 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:48 AM

But. . .but. . .Kaepernick is better? Harbaugh surely wouldn't let a speedy wideout get away when his team would desperately need one to take pressure off Boldin after Crabtree went down, right?

#19 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

"Scared of under throwing me."  Hmmm, sounds like he's making excuses for not being able to run routes.  That's alright.  Gotta start somewhere.  I'm definitely not going to bash a 40+ yard TD strike.  And he has blown his competition away, and is even encroaching on Lafell's #2 spot.  The more Ginn develops and as the season and rapport between Cam and himself grows, the better our receiving corps will get.  The AE days are coming to an end, and I doubt Hixon does anything here at all.  We might try to ship the both off before the deadline THIS year.

#20 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,543 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

hopefully Ginn tuns out to be what we all expected from Gettis.

#21 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,070 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

"Scared of under throwing me." Hmmm, sounds like he's making excuses for not being able to run routes. That's alright. Gotta start somewhere. I'm definitely not going to bash a 40+ yard TD strike. And he has blown his competition away, and is even encroaching on Lafell's #2 spot. The more Ginn develops and as the season and rapport between Cam and himself grows, the better our receiving corps will get. The AE days are coming to an end, and I doubt Hixon does anything here at all. We might try to ship the both off before the deadline THIS year.

Trade away or cut cheap depth. . .why exactly?

#22 Seltzer

Seltzer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationLKN

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:05 AM

"Death" Star Lotulelei

#23 1989

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

With his success as a receiver, do you take him off kickoffs and punt returns?

#24 Seltzer

Seltzer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationLKN

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:07 AM

They should play the Star Wars theme after Star makes a big stop or gets a sack

#25 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:09 AM

Luke "I am your father" Kuechly

"Wish upon a" Star Lotulelei

I'll take that dollar

Valiant effort, however, the Berman nickname utilizes the last name. No dollar for you.

#26 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

I won't say it's a fluke, because dude is fast, but 7 catches over 3 games isn't all that much to get excited about. The fact that we haven't been moving the chains effectively enough with Steve, Brandon, and Greg is a problem. Ginn is good for a surprise deep route every game, and to his credit Cam has been delivering the ball on time for the most part, but if he gets too predictable on those routes we lose that weapon too because Ginn simply can't make tough catches in traffic or over dudes. Better teams aren't going to let Ginn do this all season especially with our other guys underperforming and dropping catchable passes.

Remember that time Armanti Edwards was supposed to break out this season too? Damn.

#27 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,871 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:15 AM

Cam and Ginn are still trying to get their timing down too. I think Ginn will get even better as the season goes on.

#28 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,706 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

Ginn runs about 60% of the route tree, all vertical routes and the comebacks for the most part.  He simply was not a good fit with Smith and Moore/Henne before that--the system was part of it, the QB's arm strength was the other.  Ginn should never be a #2 because he does not run all of the routes.  However, he is awesome as the third or fourth WR.

#29 Fan01

Fan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

Luke "Kick your ass weekly" Kuechly

Star "Keeping it on the 3rd Down" Lotulelei

Star "Han So" Lotulelei

Is all I got.

#30 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,112 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

He is exactly what we were needing all along...  We have our #2 receiver, aside from Olsen.

and I'm somewhat surprised (ok, not really) by this 2nd page of posters claiming Ginn can't run routes or making excuses..  You OBVIOUSLY have missed out.  And Ginn only has 7 catches because Cam missed out quite often when Ginn was running solid routes and getting wide open on the other 40% of the route tree you claim he didn't run. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, NFL, Arizona Cardinals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.