Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The fuging radio

55 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

looks like IRTPT's predictions were spot on, last week it looked like cam was spitting out Fibonacci sequences and the names of roman emperors instead of hot reads and protections

Posted · Report post

I still don't know why people listen to/watch this crap. Just turn it off.

Controversy sells, and people here continually circulate it like they were born yesterday.

Posted · Report post

That was actually addressed by Mac (radio host) in defense of Cam as well. Then it was brought up that the QB position is the hardest position to learn and get a grasp of and can't be compared to the LB postion and there were some other points made in reference to that which I don't remember.

Although I found the topic relatively meaningless it was interesting to see how polarizing of a topic it was and the only reason it was is because it's Cam. Many people had strong opinions either way and the phone lines lit up. It doesn't matter what it is that Cam does, people will be on one side of the fence or the other and very rarely in between. I guess that is why Cam is one of the most polarizing people in sports today. One thing is for sure though, once the wins start coming the "praise bandwagon" will start to fill up with not only fans but media members as well while the "scrutiny wagon" will become a bit less popular.

I could see MLB being nearly as a heady position as a QB. They have to be QB of the defense.

Posted · Report post

I hate Heath Evans but I halfway see his point. Cam runs a very basic offense with a few pre snap reads. I would love to see Cam develop to the point where he can change the play at the line of scrimmage and do other things that confuse defenses. Right now Peyton Manning is the best QB in the NFL and it has nothing to do with his physical gifts. His mind and leadership are his biggest weapons. He drills his teammates on football every second the CBA allows him to. He works on routes during special teams drills. No time is wasted, he works his tail off.

I don't expect Cam to be Peyton Manning but I do expect him to strive for that. I do expect him to show improvement from one year to the next and even if he falls short of Peyton he will still be a damned good QB. What has Cam improved on since he cam into the NFL? The turnovers have gone down a little, that is admirable. When he feels pressure in the pocket he still tries to run first and often takes a drive killing sack. It feels like most of the improvement people talk about with Cam is his post loss press conferences. Who the fuck cares about what he does after a loss? I want to see what he does before a win.

So to sum it up I do worry that Cam isn't developing as a QB. He isn't becoming more accurate or commanding the offense on the field. You could blame the coaches and maybe there is something to that but Cam should have been fighting for a different coordinator if he felt he wasn't getting the help he needed from Shula. Also, don't let one victory get you guys drunk with Cam love, 2 weeks ago this place was a morgue and Cam was a big part of that.

Posted · Report post

I hate Heath Evans but I halfway see his point. Cam runs a very basic offense with a few pre snap reads. I would love to see Cam develop to the point where he can change the play at the line of scrimmage and do other things that confuse defenses. Right now Peyton Manning is the best QB in the NFL and it has nothing to do with his physical gifts. His mind and leadership are his biggest weapons. He drills his teammates on football every second the CBA allows him to. He works on routes during special teams drills. No time is wasted, he works his tail off.

I don't expect Cam to be Peyton Manning but I do expect him to strive for that. I do expect him to show improvement from one year to the next and even if he falls short of Peyton he will still be a damned good QB. What has Cam improved on since he cam into the NFL? The turnovers have gone down a little, that is admirable. When he feels pressure in the pocket he still tries to run first and often takes a drive killing sack. It feels like most of the improvement people talk about with Cam is his post loss press conferences. Who the fug cares about what he does after a loss? I want to see what he does before a win.

So to sum it up I do worry that Cam isn't developing as a QB. He isn't becoming more accurate or commanding the offense on the field. You could blame the coaches and maybe there is something to that but Cam should have been fighting for a different coordinator if he felt he wasn't getting the help he needed from Shula. Also, don't let one victory get you guys drunk with Cam love, 2 weeks ago this place was a morgue and Cam was a big part of that.

All this season Cam has been doing more things at the line of scrimmage, he's tried to get on the same page as his receivers when a series doesn't work out. This is ANOTHER tired dead-horse narrative. Go re-watch the Giants game and tell me how many times Cam had changed the play or signaled to his receivers. Get a fucking clue. 

"Why isn't he teh payton mannng hurr durr"- Ignorant fan who has no idea what the fuck he's talking about. 

Posted · Report post

All this season Cam has been doing more things at the line of scrimmage, he's tried to get on the same page as his receivers when a series doesn't work out. This is ANOTHER tired dead-horse narrative. Go re-watch the Giants game and tell me how many times Cam had changed the play or signaled to his receivers. Get a fuging clue. 

"Why isn't he teh payton mannng hurr durr"- Ignorant fan who has no idea what the fug he's talking about. 

Any adult that read my post then yours would have a worse opinion of you. Can you not make a point without the personal attacks? You come off as immature and irrational.

Posted · Report post

all I ever hear on this board is how terrible Charlotte sports radio is

why the fuck are you guys listening to it then?

Posted · Report post

Any adult that read my post then yours would have a worse opinion of you. Can you not make a point without the personal attacks? You come off as immature and irrational.

I don't take posts like yours seriously, saying Peyton works his tail off, but Cam doesn't? Cam is ALWAYS described as the first guy in and the last guy out.

Tell me how are the offenses being ran by Kaepernick and RG3 more complex than what Cam is running?

Posted · Report post

Well, it looks like the old KendrickPanther has returned. I wonder who pissed in his corn flakes this time.

Posted · Report post

I don't even know what that means Red.

Kaepernick runs a pretty basic offense. Bob had most of his liberties taken by Shanahan after the injury. Russel Wilson is a guy with more control over his offense than Cam has. Russel Wilson is a guy they talk about having the demeanor and work ethic of a great QB.

I've heard many people question Cam's work ethic. There are some people in the Panthers building that felt like Cam didn't put in the work during the 2012 off season. I'm not sitting here comparing Cam Newton to all of the bust QBs like some people do. I'm comparing him to the best because that is what he can be. I'll go back and watch some Giants this weekend but most of what I say comes from things I've seen or read. Sometimes it comes from Steve Smith who I would think knows what he's talking about.

Cam does put in work. Nobody is denying that. But does he put in NFL QB work or NFL Elite QB work?

Posted · Report post

I don't even know what that means Red.

Kaepernick runs a pretty basic offense. Bob had most of his liberties taken by Shanahan after the injury. Russel Wilson is a guy with more control over his offense than Cam has. Russel Wilson is a guy they talk about having the demeanor and work ethic of a great QB.

I've heard many people question Cam's work ethic. There are some people in the Panthers building that felt like Cam didn't put in the work during the 2012 off season. I'm not sitting here comparing Cam Newton to all of the bust QBs like some people do. I'm comparing him to the best because that is what he can be. I'll go back and watch some Giants this weekend but most of what I say comes from things I've seen or read. Sometimes it comes from Steve Smith who I would think knows what he's talking about.

Cam does put in work. Nobody is denying that. But does he put in NFL QB work or NFL Elite QB work?

wut. RW does not have more control over his offense than Cam.

Cam's work ethic is second to none

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Haters going to hate....especially after we're 2-2 then go on to 3-2 to 4-2 to 5-3.....then we will see what they start saying at that point....KEEP POUNDING!!!!!