Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

josh Freeman released..Bucs free fall continues...

88 posts in this topic

Posted

If a team puts a claim on him, do they have to pay his full salary?

I would do it for cheap. Lots of inside information and we got two games left against them

Apparently Freeman's contract didn't include any offset language which means the Bucs have to pay his salary.

Ok, I stole that from twitter. Here you go

@caplannfl: Because there's no offset language in Freeman's contract, the Bucs still owe him the remainder of his contract.

@caplannfl: Plus, he'll get whatever he receives from the next team he signs with. Double-dip time.

1 person likes this

Posted

I would pull the trigger then. Freeman gets a chance to get back at that stupid franchise, pushes Cam in camp, can run the offense in the unfathomable chance that Cam gets hurt and he seems like a likable guy anyways

1 person likes this

Posted

With the mess Schiano has made in Tampa and Kelly having issues in Philly, it might start getting tough for college coaches to get NFL jobs again.

Granted, Kelly still could turn things around, but Schiano may have set the Bucs back for a while.

Posted

The F?

Posted

Meanwhile, in Raymond James Stadium...

fatkidface.gif

5 people like this

Posted

Apparently Freeman's contract didn't include any offset language which means the Bucs have to pay his salary.

Ok, I stole that from twitter. Here you go

@caplannfl: Because there's no offset language in Freeman's contract, the Bucs still owe him the remainder of his contract.

@caplannfl: Plus, he'll get whatever he receives from the next team he signs with. Double-dip time.

Pulling a Panthers/Delhomme

Posted

Freeman would make a great backup in Carolina. He clearly has talent (as evidenced by his 2010 season and his half season stretch to begin last season) and he would be motivated to stick it to the Bucs.

I'd do it.

1 person likes this

Posted

I would pull the trigger then. Freeman gets a chance to get back at that stupid franchise, pushes Cam in camp, can run the offense in the unfathomable chance that Cam gets hurt and he seems like a likable guy anyways

Sign him to a one week contract when we play the Bucs. Have him sit with Greg Hardy for the week.

Posted

Yeah the Jets will be picking him up.

Posted

If Jacksonville had anyone with half a brain they'd be beating his door down right now.

5 people like this

Posted

The dude in Buffalo isnt sucking

Posted

Why would he come here? Zero chance to start or to get paid long term. Oakland, Jacksonville, Cleveland (despite Hoyer's performance, they're still very thin at QB), Jets, or Vikings seem to be the candidates.